Curacao How Do You Get There?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are planning a trip to Curacao but can't figure out a decent way to get there from LAX. How does everyone else do it or do you have to swallow this bitter pill and spend 24 hrs flying all over the place, with long stop overs to reach your destination? And no, we don't expect a direct flight but we can typically get to most places in the Caribbean including Bonaire with one stop over in houston or miami and get there in 9-12 hrs. HELP!!!!

With a sample date in May I found a AA flight with a stopover in Miami totaling just under 11 hours. Not to make u feel bad, ok maybe a little :wink: We did jetblue nonstop from nyc to curacao last December and it was wonderful! I tried to check jetblue, but their site was giving me an error. I would think they would take you from lax to florida to curacao as well! Lax to jfk to cur might also work?

You arrive late both ways and pay more. I picked the first week in April for reference. 9hrs. out, 11 back.

Capture.JPG

Insel Air flies out of MIA to Curacao daily around 3 PM. You may have to book your flight from LAX to MIA and book a separate flight from MIA to Curacao. However this would likely cause you to have to collect your bags in MIA instead of them going straight through.

How about Copa through Panama City (9 hours 47 min) @ $863 ?

Yes a red-eye, but you'd get to Curacao by 1:00 PM

Those layovers are way too short, no?
Outbound is a little tight. For $10 more you can sit in MIA 4 hrs each way and still have the same arrival time. Plus the morning on Curacao if you can get a late check-out time. It appears - as it was when we went, there's still only the 2 AA flights from MIA. All your options are here if you want to look for something else:
Matrix - ITA Software by Google
Capture.JPG

Reactions: mbs
I leave in 3 hours. We fly to Charlotte and spend the night. Charlotte to Miami to Curaçao by 3:15 tomorrow

We are planning a trip to Curacao but can't figure out a decent way to get there from LAX. How does everyone else do it or do you have to swallow this bitter pill and spend 24 hrs flying all over the place, with long stop overs to reach your destination? And no, we don't expect a direct flight but we can typically get to most places in the Caribbean including Bonaire with one stop over in houston or miami and get there in 9-12 hrs. HELP!!!!
I have flown out of Curacao to either LAX or San Diego arriving the same day, with American via Miami, while returning it was on an American evening flight, arriving next day in the morning with a good connection with American to Curacao. Should you use another airline, there are two daily fllights with American out of Miami, (check dates for sure) and there is also a flight with Insel-Air out of Miami. Another suggestion is a flight via Aruba; there are many departing gates out of the U.S. today, with a connecting flight from Aruba To Curacao, if you can make the flying time shorter. American is also offering new flights to Curacao out of Charlotte, N.C. while there are flights out of New York with Jet Blue. Like the other suggestion is, with Copa Airlines out of LAX to Panama and hence from Panama to Curacao.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom