Curacao Copter Diving-Anyone tried this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveScoop

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
helifeature.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun, but I bet it costs $$$$ - then again the photo that I could put on my wall would be priceless....

Helicopter Diving in Curacao

Looks like a lot of fun, but I bet it costs $$$$ - then again the photo that I could put on my wall would be priceless....

Helicopter Diving in Curacao

I'm usually up for just about anything, but that just seems asinine.

$250 pp. I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I've done many things once because they were fun, unique, and memorable. Doubt I will ever be in a position to try this, but, if I was, I would certainly consider it. You spend a small fortune flying to a dive destination, staying in a hotel, eating out, and diving. An expenditure like this does not seem outrageous if it generates good memories that last a lifetime. You only go around once, missed opportunities are just that.

Good diving, Craig

I don't think anyone actually offers any certification for this.

It doesn't do anything for me, but if you have the money and it looks fun, why not?

I have no idea of the cost.

I'd do it if they flew to Klein Curacao, maybe.

I haven't talked to anyone who has gone for a dive but did speak to someone who saw Manta Rays in the water at Fuik Bay (East End) from the helicopter. They said the ride, views and all were very cool.
Blue Skies helicopter tours / flights curacao
They rent cars as moving bill boards and with a week rental you get a helicopter ride.
Niels of Dive Charter Curacao runs the dives. Curacao Scuba Diving - Dive Charter Curacao the best boat dive adventure in the Caribbean.
I guess it's nice you don't have to get back up into the helicopter, I wouldn't be able to hand the captain my weights,

im leaving tomorrow for Curacao. i plan on looking them up. dont know if the wife is interested but if i can find someone else i plan on trying this. not much more than a boat dive. i post when i get back.

It might be worth it just to see the look on the pilot's face when I ask him to hand my camera down to me after I am in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom