Curacao, Cayman, Turks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SusanMarie

Registered
Reaction score
We have been diving on Curacao, Grand Turk and Grand Cayman on cruise ships multiple times. Have found great dive ops and loved the diving. We would like to spend 10-12 days in one of these locations to dive. We prefer boat dives as we are over 65 and like the ease of entry. We are AOW certified and have over 200 dives.
We would love your recommendation on which place to stay and dive. We've stayed in Cozumel and love the accommodations and the diving but are looking for some place new. We're looking at this May 2024 as a timeframe. Thank you!

Blue Water Divers - Grand Turk
Only place I've ever gone back to.
Sites minutes from shore - golf cart island with plenty of eats.
One of my all time fav's.
PM and I'll ask diverswifey to find out about where to stay.

Hi @SusanMarie

You might want to take a look at Compass Point/Ocean Frontiers on Grand Cayman. It is on the east end, not with the throngs on Seven Mile Beach/West Bay. Ocean Frontiers may be the best land-based operator I have used.

The order of your post if price is a concern. Otherwise, I would suggest Little Cayman Beach Resort (never been but have heard nothing but good things about them), for a week and a couple of days on Grand Cayman to make the travel easier.

I agree 100% re LCBR but good luck getting in they're pretty booked up. And I have to be honest, I found the diving at Grand Turk in 2021 only ok. Also, at least in 2021 they did not have Nitrox, which for me is meaningful. I agree Ocean Frontiers is well worth a trip.

I have not been to Grand Turk. In reading past trip reports, I got the impression the topside is...pretty lacking as for as exclusions, etc..., are concerned, whereas Curacao and Grand Cayman have quite a bit going on topside. People have complimented the diving at Grand Turk, and if memory serves it's a short boat trip to the reef, in case anyone is prone to get sea sick.

So my first question is whether you like to get out and roam topside, try various restaurants, shop, visit some attractions, etc... If so, that might narrow it down a little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom