Cuba.. looking for good spot to stay and dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeRiley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, I was certified in Cozumel earlier this year and I love diving. My fiancee and I are taking her mother away for her 50th birthday and the budget is really looking like Cuba is the front runner since we'll be paying for an extra person this time. I've seen some of the awesome Cuba diving places (Isle of Youth and diving off the Tortuga) but those don't really work for what we're wanting.

So far, we've been planning on staying at the Melia Cayo Coco. The hotel will suit us quite nicely, but the diving seems disappointing from what I'm seeing online. My other concern is no dock... I've got bad knees/feet and can't walk well without orthopaedic shoes. Walking out to a boat is very difficult and if I do end up having to do it with gear it will be impossible.

I'd much rather find a place where we leave from a dock...

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good location to dive, hopefully colourful, not too technical/deep (hopefully 60-70 feet or so) with dock access, a responsible dive shop and hopefully a nice hotel? My fiancee and her mom don't dive, so I want to find a luxurious hotel for them that I will still be able to dive from. All my Googling isn't turning up much... HELP!

Thank you!!

Paradisus del oro in Holguin sounds like what you are looking for. It's not cheap though but one dive a day is included in the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom