CT lake diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, I was diving in Candlewood lake on Saturday, at Lynn Denning park right by the dam. Temp was 47 degrees F, we were there for a specific purpose so didn't go below 20 feet. The visibility was unfortunately and somewhat surprisingly a brown 4 feet.

scubajim:
Wow, thanks for all the reponses to this post. I finally realized that I used to take my old Boy Scout troop 48 from Stamford, to Camp Sequassen which is on the lake for summer and winter camping in the late eighties. I was amazed back then how clear the water was, but for some reason I thought it was called Crystal Lake. Small world. Anywho... me and Cushdiver might take a ride up there this tuesday to just check it out.....don't think we'll be diving it until it gets a little warmer.

I'll bring a thermometer and get a reading on the Temp

Crystal Lake is in Bristol. Let me know when you want to dive my reservoir. See other CT Lake dive threads... Clean, not motor boats allowed. Good vis depends on time of year, pollen dump and when the water turns (when water temps even then turn - the surface water will get warm and depth stays cold).

shellbird:
Crystal Lake is in Bristol. Let me know when you want to dive my reservoir. See other CT Lake dive threads... Clean, not motor boats allowed. Good vis depends on time of year, pollen dump and when the water turns (when water temps even then turn - the surface water will get warm and depth stays cold).

I think that there's a Crystal Lake in the Tolland area, too.

Michael

Can you go in with no problems if your not a resident? where do you enter? Ill find it on the map, shouldent be too hard to find. I might like to go in this weekend for a DECENT checkout dive. Sick to death of 0 vis. checkouts.

dbg40:
Can you go in with no problems if your not a resident? where do you enter? Ill find it on the map, shouldent be too hard to find. I might like to go in this weekend for a DECENT checkout dive. Sick to death of 0 vis. checkouts.

Which spot are you referring to? The reservoir is in Wolcott and private. I'm told 55 ft. deep and there is supposed to be a dive platform down there somewhere, I know approx. where it is but haven't looked for it yet. I'm not ready for diving (still too chilly for my taste) but if you bring a buddy I will bubble watch in kayak and prepare the after dive beverage. PM me if interested.

ScubaSarus:
Hey Wasn't there supposed to be a dive party here last year ?

How was it ?

Weather was crap so didn't happen. Pleanty of opportunities this year I'm sure.

Dive party where? How the heck did I get so lost in this thread!!!! I KNEW I should have dropped bread crumbs!!

Back
Top Bottom