CT divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's the same plane that went down recently, its been recovered at least that's what I was told. If an opening comes up for the Idene this Sunday call me please. I'll change my plans!
I will but don't hold your breath

Dave told me to tell you not to bring so much sh*t next week!

Cant wait for the dive Sunday and next weekend!

Am I now in the club?

:p

---------- Post Merged at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Reminder for Ctwreck and usmarinekurt...

The formula for calculating this is as follows (assumes salt water):
[(N2)(D + 33)/.80] - 33 = EAD
N2 is the decimal equivalent of the percent nitrogen in the mixture. Remember Nitrox I has 68% or .68 nitrogen and Nitrox II has 64% or .64.
D is for Depth expressed in feet.
33 is the equivalent depth in feet that is equaled to one atmosphere of salt water. It's added to indicate total atomospheres expressed in feet. It's subtracted out at the end to indicate the depth of water. (Use 34 when calculating for fresh water.)
.80 is the partial pressure of nitrogen in air.

Cant wait for the dive Sunday and next weekend!

Am I now in the club?

---------- Post Merged at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Reminder for Ctwreck and usmarinekurt...

The formula for calculating this is as follows (assumes salt water):
[(N2)(D + 33)/.80] - 33 = EAD
N2 is the decimal equivalent of the percent nitrogen in the mixture. Remember Nitrox I has 68% or .68 nitrogen and Nitrox II has 64% or .64.
D is for Depth expressed in feet.
33 is the equivalent depth in feet that is equaled to one atmosphere of salt water. It's added to indicate total atomospheres expressed in feet. It's subtracted out at the end to indicate the depth of water. (Use 34 when calculating for fresh water.)
.80 is the partial pressure of nitrogen in air.

after a lengthy review of your attitude ,equipment ,diving style ,we may be able to give you a partial answer of your club membership status in a fast as 180 days

Thanks for your help the other day

I will but don't hold your breath

Dave told me to tell you not to bring so much sh*t next week!

Dave never quits does he? :) I only bring what I'm going to use. Tell Dave not to give me so much sh!t next Sunday.:wink:
How about a dive report on the Bass? Do you plan on diving that again this year?

Assemble your tanks before hand. We can put them on the boat for you

We made it to the Bass on Friday left from New London, wind was blowing from the sw
we hit 4 footers on the wreck site jumped into 35 + feet of viz.We dropped onto the conning tower at 119 then to the sand at 151. Swam to the stern dropped to see the brass props. Then back to the broken off section in front of the conning tower.
we saw big stripers big tautog and some other species.
6 foot waves were waiting for us on the surface, we loaded up and got the f out of there
total dive time approx 52 min

Funny I was thinking of doing just that this time, that is putting the ID's together before I get them on the boat. Great minds think alike! Sounds like you guys had your hands full! I'm thinking next time I'm going if there's an opening. I thought the Bass went to 190fsw but I since learned it's 160fsw max. 190 would have been too much without making a few deep divers 1st but 160, I can handle that much narcosis cold.
I guess your new ladder worked well. Getting back on the boat must have been a long day.
See you Sunday on the nazi sub.

By the way, Mrs. AfterDark made her 1st real scuba dive last Sunday at FTW Jamestown. We got to 20 fsw for 45 minutes.
Doesn't sound like much, but for her it was a giant stride. I'm very proud of her. She'll never be diving with us but she will be able to enjoy the sport within her limitations, which I think will evolve over time.

Last edited:
Funny I was thinking of doing just that this time, that is putting the ID's together before I get them on the boat. Great minds think alike! Sounds like you guys had your hands full! I'm thinking next time I'm going if there's an opening. I thought the Bass went to 190fsw but I since learned it's 160fsw max. 190 would have been too much without making a few deep divers 1st but 160, I can handle that much narcosis cold.
I guess your new ladder worked well. Getting back on the boat must have been a long day.
See you Sunday on the nazi sub.

By the way, Mrs. AfterDark made her 1st real scuba dive last Sunday at FTW Jamestown. We got to 20 fsw for 45 minutes.
Doesn't sound like much, but for her it was a giant stride. I'm very proud of her. She'll never be diving with us but she will be able to enjoy the sport within her limitations, which I think will evolve over time.

So in a nutshell
Organizing your gear so Dave doesn't think your a boat hog and the boss went diving.

Sounds good!

So in a nutshell
Organizing your gear so Dave doesn't think your a boat hog and the boss went diving.

Sounds good!

Sure blah blah blah you love it!

Dude that is frigging awesome

Its official. Your in charge of photography !

Back
Top Bottom