Cssp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What happened to all the turtles at CSSP....I have not seen one all summer..????

The "pirahna perch" ate them. (Ran out of ears to nip!)

Guba:
The "pirahna perch" ate them. (Ran out of ears to nip!)

........:rofl3:

I've not seen any either.....

We saw a pretty big turtle, just sitting in the grass watching us when we dove last month on the 18th.

I saw two on the surface during the rescue class last weekend.

They are getting better at hiding or have move to a quieter lake.

The Turtles are all on a Mass Migration to Lake Pat Mayse. They have heard the food is better and the divers were less stingy with it then the Clickish Crowd at Clear Springs.
One of the Turtles told me that the smell of "FeBreze" and the endless tinkeling sound of the wind chimes near the ScubaToys Dock is enough to make them leave. The diverse Turtle population there at Pat Mayse is somewhat annoyed by all the new residents . There is already a displaced bunch from New Orleans that refuses to leave and even a California group that has bought up all the prime spots near the boat ramps. I'll keep Ya'll updated

I just completed my OW cert this weekend and I heard that they are on one end of the lake. The end closest to the entrance. We did see lots of fish and had a great time.

i have seen several this summer; they are around. saw them during the week, however. they may run for cover on the weekends.

I haven't seen any recently either. Last year they were in the southeast end and I remember seeing a dozen or more on a single dive. I purposefully took my camera and housing to get some pics but didn't see a one.I guess I'll have to give Pat Mayse a try...

Frank, is there any 100' deep water there?

Back
Top Bottom