CSSP Vis/park report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba:
Does that mean that if a store is a Mares dealer then the store has access to the Mobbys product line?

That is a good question. I know the line is limited in the North Texas area to just a few shops. Not every shop who sells Mares will sell Mobby's drysuits, at least in this area. I think they kind of want the shops that are actually in the drysuit business to handle the suits. Drysuits are a tought aspect of the dive industry with all the fittings, returns ( if necessary) and repairs. You might want to ask your LDS if they will carry the line in stock or not, otherwise it may be hard to get service, or at least time consuming with returning, repair and shipment back.

Well I placed the order for the Mobby's Drysuits today! Should be here next week.

Debraw:
That is a good question. I know the line is limited in the North Texas area to just a few shops. Not every shop who sells Mares will sell Mobby's drysuits, at least in this area. I think they kind of want the shops that are actually in the drysuit business to handle the suits. Drysuits are a tought aspect of the dive industry with all the fittings, returns ( if necessary) and repairs. You might want to ask your LDS if they will carry the line in stock or not, otherwise it may be hard to get service, or at least time consuming with returning, repair and shipment back.

Thanks for the info! I was just curious, since there is a Mares dealer local. I typically have to send my suit off for repairs, etc. :)

Met Debra and Co. at CSSP yesterday. Had a great time! Debra, thanks for the hospitality and all around fun. Vis has deteriorated in the last month and the water is cooler than in August (imagine that!). Still reasonable vis along the wall and in the middle of the hydrilla fields.

Overall, I had a great time and met some nice folks! Debra, thanks for the hospitality and all around fun.

My pleasure, we had a great turnout. I counted 28 by the end of the day. Just four swampers and the rest were regular customers/divers and staff. I went in on my third dive for the day and came back up to an empty shelter for the most part. I think everyone packed up and headed out between three and four o'clock. We stayed till 6pm and even cooked for a third time before we left!
Nice diving with you again Zzzking, glad you came out. It was a beautiful day and yes viz was down again, but I think with the water level it will stay that way until it comes back up. I got 78 degrees on my computer for water temp.

I had a great time out with everyone yesterday! I did two dives -- a 45-minute solo along the north wall (saw two striped bass) and helped a new diver work on his buoyancy and ear-clearing on the second dive. Viz was 10 feet at best and I think my lowest bottom temp was 76 (at 40 feet). I'm soooooo spoiled after Hawaii... :(

The hamburgers were tasty and the fun was endless. Thanks again, Debra and Troy! :D

P.S. -- Thanks also to Alan for helping me with my gear :)

Debraw:
We stayed till 6pm and even cooked for a third time before we left!

Yes, I really must compliment you on your "No Stomach Left Behind" initiative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom