CSSP Vis/park report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We had a "Diver's Day Out" at Clear Springs Scuba Park today. No swampers, but several new divers who recently trained through our shop. It was a good day to start, slight chop on the water, overcast and two or three quick showers. Visibility was 10-15 feet. Thousands of little tiny fish everywhere! It looked like a friggin baby zoo, I could not get over it. Lake is still low, I would say at least 7-10 feet. Railings had been installed at the entry dock we used, to keep people from jumping in and hitting the bottom.:dunce: Duh....

Heavy rain fell for at least 30-40 minutes, thunder, lightening, so we cooked and ate all the hamburgers/hot dogs and snacks ( broke in the new portable Weber grill!) and clear skied shined upon us right as we finished lunch and surface intervals. Vis actually got a bit better after the rain, go figure. Water temp was 77 by most accounts. Nice day at the lake. I am going to try and have a repeat performace, minus the rain, next Sunday of anyone wants to come out and join us. :snorkels:

Debra -

Sorry for a semi-hijack here, but do y'all do any DDOs in the winter? I'm starting to think I need to get some practice dives and perhaps extra trim instruction/training with a drysuit; my brother's invited me to dive with him north of Vancouver in February, and that's a wee bit out of this here warm-water diver's comfort and experience zone!! ;-)

My wife won't even consider cold water diving, so I'm on my own for this one.

Oh yeah, sure we do DDO's in the winter. We all have drysuits! We now carry DUI, Mobby's, and Bare Drysuits. We are preparing for our ice dive in January, 2007 to Iowa right now. Vancouver would be amazing to dive! Underwater creatures are bigger in cold water! Cold water diving is not for everyone but for those of us who do it, it's an amazing feeling. Challenging and exhilarating. We need to talk about sizing and I will make sure I get a suit in on my rental rack for you. I am buying some rentals in the next couple of weeks for the shop. See you soon!

Debraw:
Vis actually got a bit better after the rain, go figure. Water temp was 77 by most accounts.

This is what I've heard about rain actually clearing the water and it makes sense. The rain water is colder than the water in the pond (at least the top 25' feet or so) so it sinks, taking all the little junk that is suspended down with it. Silt will be washed in if there is significant runoff, but out there, this silt gets filtered by the surrounding vegetation and what little gets by that is caught by the hydrilla. The best vis I have even seen out there was a day after a rain.

Where are you all going to be on Sunday?

We are going to try for the left side somewhere down by the blue dock. We will have our big trailer with Surface Interval Scuba on it. :D

Debraw:
Oh yeah, sure we do DDO's in the winter. We all have drysuits! We now carry DUI, Mobby's, and Bare Drysuits. We are preparing for our ice dive in January, 2007 to Iowa right now. Vancouver would be amazing to dive! Underwater creatures are bigger in cold water! Cold water diving is not for everyone but for those of us who do it, it's an amazing feeling. Challenging and exhilarating. We need to talk about sizing and I will make sure I get a suit in on my rental rack for you. I am buying some rentals in the next couple of weeks for the shop. See you soon!
Debraw,
Speaking of drysuits, do you have them in stock? If so, what brands and sizes do you carry?

I carry DUI, Bare and Mobby's ( by Mares) . DUI offers to many options to carry them in stock but we will have a few to look at once our order comes in October 15. Those are already sold. I intend on carrying a couple in stock for purchase or rental but that will be a few weeks. I am going to purchase the Mobby's suit by Mares for our rental fleet and in stock suit. I will order Bare and will have a couple in stock for viewing or purchase.

Debraw:
I carry DUI, Bare and Mobby's ( by Mares) . DUI offers to many options to carry them in stock but we will have a few to look at once our order comes in October 15. Those are already sold. I intend on carrying a couple in stock for purchase or rental but that will be a few weeks. I am going to purchase the Mobby's suit by Mares for our rental fleet and in stock suit. I will order Bare and will have a couple in stock for viewing or purchase.

Mobbys by Mares? Is Mares reselling Mobbys suits? I have the Mobbys Armor Shell and really like it. I didn't like the rubber boots that come with the suit though and recently had a mobbys repair dealer put DUI turbo soles onto the suit. :)

Mares is now the distributor for Mobby's. They have a few new suits, and I am getting the neoprene suits for the rental.

Debraw:
Mares is now the distributor for Mobby's. They have a few new suits, and I am getting the neoprene suits for the rental.

Does that mean that if a store is a Mares dealer then the store has access to the Mobbys product line?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom