CSSP today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Couple of dives.....few folks out.

Water temp was 68f at the surface and 67f at 43ffw.

Viz was from 2 to 20ft., mainly in the 15-20ft. range.

:)

ahhhh man! We didn't know you were out. We were over on the east side in the heated tent! I would've offered you some shrimp cocktail or strawberries with chocolate caramel.

Fantastic perfect day.

Viz was great in most spots. Had to be 20' to 25' easy. Rhonda did great with her nav getting us exactly where she wanted. Went to both boats and surfaced right back at our steps.

ahhhh man! We didn't know you were out. We were over on the east side in the heated tent! I would've offered you some shrimp cocktail or strawberries with chocolate caramel.

Fantastic perfect day.

Viz was great in most spots. Had to be 20' to 25' easy. Rhonda did great with her nav getting us exactly where she wanted. Went to both boats and surfaced right back at our steps.

.......................... :depressed:

:wink: for Ms. Rhonda!!!

Yeah, but you actually drove, didnt you, Kunk??? :wink: Too cold for me... but I picked up a 3mil shorty to wear with my 3 mil for the Science Diver course next weekend. Report when I get back.

Yeah, but you actually drove, didnt you, Kunk??? :wink:

:rofl3:

What makes it funnier is that I gave her tips when we got to the "wrong turn" spot where she went wrong on the last trip....

Alan, she also made me some hot tuna dip that is usually reserved for Thanksgiving or Christmas! Oh yeah, and we had some cheesecake!!:cool2: My lovely bride is the best!!!!!!!!!

Kunk35 ....I had shrimp cocktail last night !
(President's reception @Paris Junior College Homecoming Weekend)
I missed going diving to ride on the 3rd place Float in the parade.
There were 40 floats in the parade......... I wore my Cowboy hat !!
My department has won for the last 3 years and now the rest of the campus has got they're game on !

Sheeeeeeit !!! .......... Man....Just wait till next year !!

:wink:

BTW... Our Mascot.... "The Dragon"

How cool is that !

:rofl3:

Alan, she also made me some hot tuna dip that is usually reserved for Thanksgiving or Christmas! Oh yeah, and we had some cheesecake!!:cool2:

Kory you are killing me dude!!!

It was a really pretty day for diving. We saw lots of catfish today, two really BIG catfish hanging out by the new boat, swam through a fairly large school of Sunfish. I was nervous, until I remembered I had my hood on. :D We also saw a turtle at the end of our second dive. He was trying to climb up the east wall, when he saw me looking at him and getting closer, he just let go and dropped all the way down. We attempted to swim to the plane on our second dive, but I got too cold before we could get there. 30 minutes in 66 degrees, is about all I can do. I guess next time we go, I'm going to have to drag out the hooded vest. :shakehead: I hate that thing.

Alan, it's too bad you were on the other side, and didn't see our flag, we would've gladly shared our lunch and snacks, and our heated tent. It sure was nice in there. We really felt sorry for all of those poor, wet divers stuck out in the wind.:D

It was a nice diving day, I don't think I've ever seen so few people out at CSSP.

Rhonda

Forgot to mention that the thermocline looked really cool today. It was sitting at about 46 feet, and was just a layer of wispy, white mist. We floated above it for awhile, you could even stick your hand in it, and swirl the mist around a bit. Very nice. Didn't go below it, was NOT interested in what the temp was under there.:D

Rhonda

Fantastic perfect day.

Roughin' it with the Kunks is almost as good as having Amish dive valets and their warm towels and hot cognac.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom