CSSP this weekend (Aug 2nd/3rd)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I missed my chance to meet a swamp diver.

My son and I got there about 9:00 and we had a couple of nice dives. Vis was much better than it was on Saturday afternoon. We started both dives by the plane, and on our second dive we stumbled across the casket.

I know people that have devoted months to finding the casket. :)

Sorry we didn't get to meet you. Maybe next time.

With the heat wave we're having, Sunday was a nice day to be blowing bubbles :)

I was out there Sunday mostly below the thermocline. Started to head for the coffin but the viz was so bad that I couldn't see a foot in front of my face at 42 feet. Then it opened up a bit but was very dark due to the algae bloom blocking the light. My hat's off to anyone who found the coffin yesterday :)

There were thousands of baby fish in the vegetation, and plenty of nesting sunfish. Even managed to see 4 turtles, one of which nipped my finger pretty good while I was trying to get a closer look :)

Last edited:
With the heat wave we're having, Sunday was a nice day to be blowing bubbles :)

I was out there Sunday mostly below the thermocline. Started to head for the coffin but the viz was so bad that I couldn't see a foot in front of my face at 42 feet. Then it opened up a bit but was very dark due to the algae bloom blocking the light. My hat's off to anyone who found the coffin yesterday :)

There were thousands of baby fish in the vegetation, and plenty of nesting sunfish. Even managed to see 4 turtles, one of which nipped my finger pretty good while I was trying to get a closer look :)

We need to meet....seems like we are at the 'pond' on many of the same days but just don't hook-up... :(

We need to meet....seems like we are at the 'pond' on many of the same days but just don't hook-up... :(

I would like to meet some Swampers. We've been parking in the shade near the RV hookup stairs. From the posts, I know we've been in the water at the same time, just haven't dived together. Sundays are when I'm usually there :)

Alright Cruiser... stop giving us away. Anonymous is good. But seriously folks, you can't miss "Fluffy". She knows every nook and cranny out at the mud hole. (Boy, when we hit that 42' thermocline, I might have not been wearing anything at all. BRRRRR!!!) LOL!

Alright Cruiser... stop giving us away. Anonymous is good. But seriously folks, you can't miss "Fluffy". She knows every nook and cranny out at the mud hole. (Boy, when we hit that 42' thermocline, I might have not been wearing anything at all. BRRRRR!!!) LOL!

Oh yeah, our cover is blown. I like anonymous too, but after awhile people mistake it for snooty :blinking:

cruiser/H2Olover--- OK....were you 2 gals the very sweet girls sitting under the dive platform Sunday on the tree covered side across from the RV area.....I think one of you had a white mini-van,,,I saw these girls packing up to leave in the afternoon????? If you were we casually spoke 'hellos' and greetings..?????? I was diving doubles and had 2 deco bottles leashed off at the steps......I think we even visited briefly in the water.

Last edited:
cruiser/H2Olover--- OK....were you 2 gals the very sweet girls sitting under the dive platform Sunday on the tree covered side across from the RV area....

ssshhhhh!! Be vewy vewy quiet
they're huntin' divers

heh heh heh heh heh

Hey! I saw those two ladies ! ! ! They were parked right across from the picnic table pavillion!

The light bulb (mine) is starting to brighten up! Can you see it above my head?

cruiser/H2Olover--- OK....were you 2 gals the very sweet girls sitting under the dive platform Sunday on the tree covered side across from the RV area.....I think one of you had a white mini-van,,,I saw these girls packing up to leave in the afternoon????? If you were we casually spoke 'hellos' and greetings..?????? I was diving doubles and had 2 deco bottles leashed off at the steps......I think we even visited briefly in the water.

Yes, that was us! H2Olover left and I did my last dive solo. And I saw your 2 deco bottles at the bottom of the steps. We've been crossing paths, just didn't know it :) H2O and I talked about your doubles and wondered how long we could stay down with a setup like that :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom