CSSP this weekend (Aug 2nd/3rd)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillM777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning on diving at CSSP with my 14 year old son this weekend and I have never met a Texas Swamp Diver. Are any swampers going to be out there? I would love to meet some of you.

We will be out there either saturday afternoon or sunday morning...or both.

We'll be around. I am sure some of us will be wearing DIMWIT T-shirts. I am starting to lean toward Saturday morning. Assuming I do that, I don't know what that implies for Saturday afternoon. Could probably still be there or maybe not. Just don't know.

DIMWITs are the more enlightened Swamp Divers. Either that or they were just the ones stupid enough to buy a t-shirt.

I know at least 2 that will be there bright and early Saturday morning. 3 if Richerso behaves himself tonight and shows up. We'll be on the east side of the pond.

I'm not saying it would be like taking your 14 yo son to one of THOSE bars, but I can't really vouch for those other two guys. :D Myself, I'm a fine upstanding citizen.

DIMWITs are the more enlightened Swamp Divers. Either that or they were just the ones stupid enough to buy a t-shirt.

I know at least 2 that will be there bright and early Saturday morning. 3 if Richerso behaves himself tonight and shows up. We'll be on the east side of the pond.

I'm not saying it would be like taking your 14 yo son to one of THOSE bars, but I can't really vouch for those other two guys. :D Myself, I'm a fine upstanding citizen.

Guess what ZzzKing ????
I did not behave myself last night. I was really making an effort to behave too! I am still stuck at home and I am happy to be here.
Y'all have fun! Maybe I can make it out there on Sunday.

Ok, so now I know why it's better to go to CSSP earlier in the day. We didn't get out there until about 4:00 (I had to work Sat morning). My son and I got in a couple of dives, but vis was not very good... about 4 - 5 feet, in a few places less than that. The water temp was great below the thermocline. On a 105 degree day that cool water below 30 feet feels great!

We are going out again tomorrow, but we are going to get out there in the morning. Hopefully the vis will clear up some.

Dive Report

I arrived at 8:30am. I was supposed to meet Alan at 9. He was already there and geared up. :) You never have to twist Texdiveguy's arm to go diving! We had three very nice dives. The third one we did with Teri and her friend. That's right, the Foos were in attandance. They brought along three newly minted divers. The girl we dove with (I'm so bad with names!) looked like a veteran. She had very good buoyancy skills and SAC. In fact, if I hadn't known this was only her second OW dive after certification, I'd have thought she had been doing this for years.

Dive 1 - me and Tex
About 1 1/2 hours along the wall and across to the airplane and back. On the way back we were chased down by some members of an open water class and told to rejoin the fold. :) They were all wearing swim trunks and t-shirts with what was obviously shop gear. Alan and I were in hoods and neoprene. Alan was diving a set of doubles and I was slinging a pony. What is wrong with this picture? Highly amusing!
Dive 2 - me and Tex
50 min? (I haven't downloaded my dive recorder yet) to visit the sunken fleet.
Dive 3 - Tex, Foo, excellent new diver gal and me
About an hour along the wall to the boat and back. Thanks to Foo for retrieving my line cutter!

That's my report and I'm stickin' with it.

Dive Report

I arrived at 8:30am. I was supposed to meet Alan at 9. He was already there and geared up. :) You never have to twist Texdiveguy's arm to go diving! We had three very nice dives. The third one we did with Teri and her friend. That's right, the Foos were in attandance. They brought along three newly minted divers. The girl we dove with (I'm so bad with names!) looked like a veteran. She had very good buoyancy skills and SAC. In fact, if I hadn't known this was only her second OW dive after certification, I'd have thought she had been doing this for years.

Dive 1 - me and Tex
About 1 1/2 hours along the wall and across to the airplane and back. On the way back we were chased down by some members of an open water class and told to rejoin the fold. :) They were all wearing swim trunks and t-shirts with what was obviously shop gear. Alan and I were in hoods and neoprene. Alan was diving a set of doubles and I was slinging a pony. What is wrong with this picture? Highly amusing!
Dive 2 - me and Tex
50 min? (I haven't downloaded my dive recorder yet) to visit the sunken fleet.
Dive 3 - Tex, Foo, excellent new diver gal and me
About an hour along the wall to the boat and back. Thanks to Foo for retrieving my line cutter!

That's my report and I'm stickin' with it.

Great report Craig.......we did have a grand day at the pond.

Teri's friends name is Dee....and a wonderful new diver, very impressive!

Lets do it again soon.... :)

Dive 1 - me and Tex

That is extremely funny ! ! ! !

I made it out to CSSP today at about 300pm. Geez! What a late start to the weekend !!!

Anyway, I had a good 1-1/2 dives. First dive was about 25 minutes due to a partial air tank. Second dive was about 72 minutes or something like that.

I guess I missed my chance to meet a swamp diver.

My son and I got there about 9:00 and we had a couple of nice dives. Vis was much better than it was on Saturday afternoon. We started both dives by the plane, and on our second dive we stumbled across the casket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom