CSSP Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i won't make it. i don't guess i was real clear in my post.

So any advice on weighting, I am assuming I will be able to drop a few pounds from my diving singles in a 7mm to diving doubles in a 7mm. I think once I go dry I will be done with Wetsuits forever.

I wouldn't count on that. There are several hot months where a 3mm is perfect. Drysuit in July and August just doesn't sound pleasant at all.

Have a nice safe day....wish I could but have a sinus infection now since Thursday. :depressed:
Mahhh that stinks. Hate it when that happens. Now you have time to tweak around with your gear though ... :D ... but diving with it IS better than dinking around with it.

I had an inner and outer ear infection last month. I wound up building shelves for my gear, bought and assembled a stainless locker for my suits, then bought and assembled a kick butt work bench to tweak around on my gear with. But, I'm not a dive junkie or anything. I just ... needed that stuff :coffee:

Anyway, get well soon so you can get to what really matters ... depth :)

Made it out to the pond today. My buddy and I dove to 44 feet before we hit the thermocline at 45. Water temperature was 67 degrees to 44 feet.

Made it out to the pond today. My buddy and I dove to 44 feet before we hit the thermocline at 45. Water temperature was 67 degrees to 44 feet.

Where were you diving from?

I got two dips in today. Dive one around 60 min. max depth 50 feet. Vis 2-25 feet. Found out the 20 pounds I have gained made it impossible to breath in my 7mm wetsuit. Lost my mask on this dive also, so you if you are lucky you might find a DR mask on the east wall, in between the scuba toys dock the dock south of their.

Dive two- went over to the scuba toys dock, got a mask from a co-worker and did the second dive with a few new divers. Took them out to the plane and back along the wall. Vis was really good all along the wall. After the others where out of air, I went and did some more bag shoots and valve drills. Dive time was around 1:25 min.

Visibility is getting really nice out their, only bad part is now I don't have a thick wetsuit, so I need to save some penny's so I can get that dry suit ordered.

Last edited:
Hi Ryan--

We were diving from the Dive Training Center dock (the dock south of the RV hookup stairs). Didn't find a mask, though. Our deepest dive was off the basin ledge just east of the boats. Went down the ledge among the boulders (which are quite impressive) and didn't descend further once we hit the thermocline at 45 feet.

Viz was spotty, but some areas it was 20 feet or so. Lots of rototilling around the popular sites.

If I find your mask next weekend, I'll get it to you. I usually hang out in that area for at least one dive.

On another note, you can find the coffin now without dipping below the thermocline :)

Back
Top Bottom