CSSP Sunday 12/12/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there's a surplus of albino catfish floating around CSSP, maybe someone could catch one and donate it to Aquarena. The one they kept in their big display tank died. It was very popular.

archman:
If there's a surplus of albino catfish floating around CSSP, maybe someone could catch one and donate it to Aquarena. The one they kept in their big display tank died. It was very popular.

BUMMER on the death of the catfish! We saw him there last Spring! A friend was showing us around the place, we also got to go in the dive shop and meet a few people. The water was amazing looking.

I've had several dives at CSSP in the past year, and only seen one albino, so I really don't think there's a surplus. I will try to find out, the next time we go. Chances are, the owners wouldn't want any albinos removed (and who could blame them), but if there is a safe way to transport and transplant one, that would be wonderful. I would think it would be a carefully planned and orchestrated event if it occurs- it would be awesome to restore the albino cat to Spring Lake, wouldn't it?

Foo

The Albino Catfish that was in Spring Lake (Aquarena) were sterile and not native to the lake, they were placed there by the resturant that used to be open at Aquarena. Due to all the agencies governing over Aquarena now, they wouldn't let you add the fish.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, of course. Thank you for the info, Jay.

Foo

I saw that Albino catfish abotu 2 years ago on the North side by Fat boy's wall. That same day i saw a school of catfish. I had never knew catfish swam in school's. Must have been 10 of them at least. Bring's up an interesting question..... Do all fish swim in school's?

hey Debraw, we saw two albino catfish yesterday, they were different sizes. Back in May I was diving with an instructor when we came across a school of catfish south of the shark, more than 20 in that school. At another lake I dive we have scene schools in access of a 100.

WOW a 100 catfish.......Pass the tartar sauce......

Debraw:
Bring's up an interesting question..... Do all fish swim in school's?

No, there are plenty of fish which tend to have a preference for the solitary life. Some will be solitary during a part of the year only to school up during other parts of the year. Many of your bass species, namely the full-grown adults, will do this.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom