CSSP Saturday 5/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really? That is a considerable jump from 2 weekends ago, when it was in the mid 60's.

ScubaJana:
I would possibly like to join y'all. If I can psych myself up for the cold water I'll be there. I would like to refresh before doing blue water dives this summer.

Jana

I wondered if you might be lurking out there! Come on out tomorrow, it's not that cold, really... :wink:

Detonate:
Really? That is a considerable jump from 2 weekends ago, when it was in the mid 60's.

You're right, and I was wondering about that myself. It could just be my computer, but I know I did several dives and was very comfortable. I have a Suunto computer, and you know how slow they are to react to temp changes.

HAve fun guys I wish I could make it but I got some wetsuit shopping to do for a specail some one and then a slumber party of four little girls!!!!!! Yea for me. Detonate I will be crashing your party tent on Sunday around 10 maybe 10:30 cya Sunday

Firefyter:
I'm gonna be at CSSP Saturday if anyone is interested in joining me. My wife is going to be doing her first dives of the year. I have to get her back in the water so she'll be ready for Mexico later on this year. I should be there by 10:00 or so at the usual location on the west side. We're driving a blue Expedition. Foo, come on out, you know you need the break after this crappy week :)

I'll be there...white F-150, "Denton Shed & Doghouse" on the side of it. Look forward to seeing/meeting everyone...

--'goose

mongoose:
I'll be there...white F-150, "Denton Shed & Doghouse" on the side of it. Look forward to seeing/meeting everyone...

--'goose

ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!! Guys, I apologize, but a personal situation has come up & I can't make it this weekend. Hope to see you soon.

--'Goose

We had a great time yesteday at CSSP. Firefyter, his wife, and ScubaJana got there early, I was my usual 11:30-12:00 dragging in. (Some people have responsibilities, others just play allllllll day long.) ;o) They were just finishing their first dive when I finally found them.

After lunch and SI, we all went for a very nice dive, one of my favorite so far at CSSP. Neither Jana nor Firefyter had full tanks when we began, but they made them stretch, for sure! We dropped in by the pvc pipe (close to the silo) and went north along the wall, the vis was fantastic- probably 35-40'? I'm not a good judge of that, however. We saw 4-5 turtles, tons of fish, from hatchlings that were mostly eyes, to huge adult bass, perch and catfish. Because Jana and Firefyter evidently don't breathe while underwater, we were able to make a full loop from the pipe back to the western dock where we began. FF & wife did have to ascend a very short while before we got to the dock, but everyone did great on air. (Of course, I started with a full tank.) We never went below around 20-25', hovered around 15-20' most the time, was much warmer there, and the vis was so great that we could see everything from that depth.

All in all it was a very nice time, and we need to welcome Firefyter's wife to the swamp, although I doubt she'll be posting here at SB. The Swampers who are diving today should have a blast, the conditions will be great!

Foo

Detonate, were you in a black super cab truck yesterday? Everyone else was leaving and I was trying to find someone to do another dive with, and I think we saw you leaving. We were standing by the picnic table before everyone left me (3 female, 1 male) and I was wondering if that was you that drove by and watched us?

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom