CSSP Navigation Map?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Would anyone have an electronic copy of an underwater navigation map (with compass headings) for CSSP? I got a fuzzy photocopy of an old one from the office, but I couldn't read any numbers on it.

Someone told me that there exists a map which "can get you almost anywhere in CSSP from any location". Could this be?

Thanks for your help :)

richerso may or may not have a map, but he sure knows the headings. I generally navigate by terrain, but I've been with him and watched him find a buoy rope in less than 5' of vis midwater. That cat is GOOD with a compass...

I heard an urban legend about someone who had a good map with headings and kick cycles... but when confronted they denied all knowledge. It may be just wishful thinking...

Hi Thomas! Thanks for the tip... I'll go ahead and PM richerso and see if he has any info.

I heard an urban legend about someone who had a good map with headings and kick cycles... but when confronted they denied all knowledge. It may be just wishful thinking...

LOL, it probably is wishful thinking. I dream of that dive someday where I have accurate headings to several destinations, and can do an entire 60 minute dive around the lake. Having accurate headings is half the battle... actually getting there and staying on course is the other :)

Last edited:
Making an accurate map of Clear springs is going to be a project of mine sometime when I get some time.

Here's an old thread with headings. Since it's about 6 years old and things have been moved/added I don't know how good it is now. Maybe it'll help a little.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas-swamp-divers/31402-cssp-world-tour.html

Wow! That's great! Thank you very much.

I'm looking forward to jotting this down on my dive slate and giving it a go.

Making an accurate map of Clear springs is going to be a project of mine sometime when I get some time.

You should! There's definitely a community need for such a thing. Go for it!

Does anyone have headings for the mine and for the new boat? I haven't seen either of those yet, and hope to check them out next time, too.

From the old boat I believe the heading was 220, we took that and nearly ran smack head-on into it (yeah viz was at it's Texas best....)

Back
Top Bottom