CSSP May 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody going out to the pond on Sunday? I was planning on going, but not sure about locating a dive bud........... Hmmm.. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time solo.....

I'm diving this sunday. My regular bud has a sinus infection and can't go.

Ok, perhaps we'll meet out there. I drive a red 2-door Tahoe, probably be at the dock area about 100 yds south of the plane, west side of the lake. Unsure of what time I'll get there, but likely around 9am or so.

Kevin, I'll be there around 10:00 or so. I'm bringing one of our local medics with me. I'll look for you, and if you haven't found anybody, we can all hook up for a dive or two. The water temps today were 70° at the surface, and 66° at 25 feet, Vis was ±25 ft. See ya in the am.

I have coughed so much and so hard today, my ribcage is hurting. I'm not going to be able to make it out today. Sorry.... :frown:

Got back from CSSP, dove with Texass, Firefyter and friend. Not too bad, got 2 dives in, both 1 hour plus in length. Water temps were 70 right at the surface, 68 down to about 25', and then it got chilly any deeper. I wasn't too cold wearing my 2.5mm with gloves and HOOD. But, I was far from warm, so perhaps it's time to retire my old wetsuit.
The vis was pretty good, I'd say 20-30', even better up in the cove at the north end. Lots of hatchlings, clouds of them in fact, quite a few fingerlings too. Saw a bass up in the north end that was probably at least 2 foot long, one of the largest I've seen there. Overall it was a good day..
Well, my dive season has officially started, see ya'll next weekend :eyebrow:

Where the fish still spawning and the pirahana still out and about? Will be there next weekend, just want to know if I need to wear the shark suit too.

Later,
Bruce

I had a blast, even though I only got to do the 1 dive. The dentist patted me on the hand and told me to be a big boy and quit whining. Then proceeded to put me off until next week. At least the dive was 77 minutes, so the jones should calm down until next weekend.

I don't know how you managed it in your 3mm. My 7/5 kept me comfortable, but I wasn't anywhere near what I'd call toasty. You sure ya aint got no Canook blood in ya?

TxWingnut:
Where the fish still spawning and the pirahana still out and about? Will be there next weekend, just want to know if I need to wear the shark suit too.

Later,
Bruce
Some of the bass were acting kinda territorial, didn't see any "nesting" behavior from any of the perch. I'd guess the spawn is over by the number of tiny hatchlings about.
Pretty cool, clouds of tiny babies with only the eyes and backbones visible.
No pirahana type aggressiveness, but people are still feeding the fish, so they were checking us out up close and personal like..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom