CSSP Feb 26 & 27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hang in there, Foo! Seems like this time of year it's been cold and wet for so long everyone's resistance is low so the first flu bug nails everybody! Did you know you can live on Cherry Nyquil?!?

I'll be thinking healthy thoughts for ya!

Water temp was 55 and the vis was great at 50 foot plus around the platforms. Our class dove the plane and the temp over there was 53 degrees. Troy seems to think this indicates a warmup and that the thermocline may be returning ....very slowly! The plane vis was not very good because a class was using it as a platfrom to do skills on. I really hope this issue is addressed this summer. I don't think it is fair that classes use the top of the plane as a platform where there are plenty of real platforms for use. It messes up the visibility and you don feel like you can go down there for a tour of the plane on a regular dive. I don't want to be distracting to classes and I feel like we are when there is a class performing skills on top of the plane. I have heard of other classes using the shark as well for a platform. :06:

Wow. That is not cool at all.

If I see anyone doing that, I'll be sure to say something to them.

I liked it a lot better when that whole area was the Rescue area. :(

I think more often than not it is not a rescue area anymore. I have noticed lots of cars down there every weekend and I don't think it's for a rescue class every weekend. I don't know that for sure but I just can't see that many people doing a rescue class every weekend. If it is then we should all feel a lot safer out "there" with all the rescue divers being certified in the DFW .

Dee:
Hang in there, Foo! Seems like this time of year it's been cold and wet for so long everyone's resistance is low so the first flu bug nails everybody! Did you know you can live on Cherry Nyquil?!?

I'll be thinking healthy thoughts for ya!

Cherry Nyquil is the least yucky, for sure. Dr. took a swab and says it's not the flu but a nasty URI. Of course, this seems to be a catch-all for the "crud." I'll probably be home again tomorrow, since I still have fever. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, friends. Please continue!

Foo

Get better soon, Foo! :)

Seems to me that the top of the plane is also a bit rickety or soft? It would seem that any thinking human being would not even consider having a class do skills there. But for some people, it's their world, the rest of us are just hovering in it.

Foo

Back
Top Bottom