CSSP Dives on Friday 9/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaOtter

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a great afternoon of diving with Jim, Ken, Gary, Marlaine, Nyle, Bridget and Bill at CSSP on Friday. This was my first time at this particular lake. Unfortunately, I missed the first of three dives due to a few wrong turns on my trip up from San Antonio.

Clear Springs could have been a little 'clearer' but I was just as happy to be in the water with the turtles, fish and some great divers. Thanks, Gary for being my dive buddy....will you be my buddy for future dives?? :snorkel: And thanks Marlaine and Jim for cooking and feeding us. I'm only sorry that I couldn't hang around for a brew :cheers: at the end of the day.
Thanks to all of you for making my first 'North Texas' dives ones to remember. Hope to meet some you other Swampers soon.

Cindy

Another great day at the quarry with some good diving and meeting some new friends. The food wasn't bad either.

The visability was off in the center of the quarry, but wasn't bad along the wall. Seems to be a pattern forming here.

Cindy and I even found two turtles on one dive. Is this a record or something?

With the amount of food we had, we could have supplied another 5 divers.

Hope we can get together and do this again.

I didn't want to hurt Marlaine's feelings and tell her that bar-b-que is a mans job. :) LOL - you did a good job.

Gary

The vis at CSSP has been down for about a month now. The algea in the water is getting thicker and thicker. This is my first year to dive the lake but can only hope it will clear up as it cools off.

For ya'll that did not get achance to dive the lake earlier in the year, please make sure to give it a try next year before mid-june. Back even at the end of may and beginning of june the vis was running 30' on a bad day. The top water was a little cooler and the thermocline was riding a bit higher but man was that water clear.

It is nice to have a lake around whose worst day of vis is better than most others best day.

Best Regards,

Bill

Sorry I missed everyone Friday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom