CSSP Dive Day Review (Friday, 8/27)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHunt

Reaction score
For those who missed the get together today (Friday 8/27) at CSSP, here is a short review, and a few SI pics I snapped when I was thinking to do so. I always take my camera, and I always intend to take pictures to capture the moments, but I almost always forget… Bad Jim…

Diving today was Catch22, FWNurseShark, Texass, Frankdr, SealSkin98, ScubaTexan, a new fella named Steve, and myself, eight total if I counted right. As a crew, we completed two full dives before the majority of us needed to pack our gear and head back into the insanity called the city. Texass, SealSkin98, and frankdr were making a final lap around the pool as I pulled away, so they managed at least three dives today.

Overall, the water was warm, 83-85, down to 30ft., at 32 you start to notice the temp drop, at 34 you feel it! In a 3/2, I didn’t stay down there long enough to get a good temp reading, it was too chilly for me! Feel free to measure it yourself if curiosity calls.

Vis was acceptable, but not what I had hoped for, it never is. I try not to dive on the weekends, preferring weekdays, especially Fridays. This gives the pond all week to settle out, and in my opinion the vis is about as good as it’s gonna get. As a reference, inside the plane fuselage, you can see the full length, that would be 20+ at least. Down the spine of the pond where the platforms reside, you get 10-15ft. Anywhere else is hit or miss, ranging from, “where is my nose”, to 20+ easy. Of course YMMV, depending on conditions. Fish were prevalent, and curious, throughout each dive.

Anyway, just wanted to “represent” a good gathering of the Northern Swampers here on a great day to be diving in Texas.

Oh ya, special thanks to Texass for grill’in up some dogs during the first SI, and sharing them with everyone! Also, special thanks continue to go out to Dee and Beast for building and delivering the dive bench we continue to use here at CSSP. It shows up in a couple of the pics as proof that it still stands tall. We do appreciate the gift.

Jim

Glad ya'll had a good time, wish I coulda been there....

Frankdr, FWNurseshark, Scuba Texan, Sealskin 98

Sorry Catch, what can I say? Ya shoulda dove closer to me! I can't explain the one of you in the plane other than I took it right after the coffin scene. Kind of an artsy impression of you, though. Yeah, that's it, its scuba art.

Catch22, Seahunt & Catch22, Seahunt, me

Oh man, I really wish I hadn't missed the Des-dogs! Looks like yall had a great time, I'm so glad that your camera is well now, Des. The fish pics are cool too. Love being able to look at the pics and wishing I was there...I am getting desperate to dive, it's like we've had strike after strike against going, ack. We got tanks finally and haven't been able to use them, whaaaah. We have family gatherings Labor Day weekend, so no diving then either. Unless they're open on that Monday?
Foo

p.s. Thanks for the surface pics and report, too, Seahunt!

CSSP will be open Labor Day ( Monday).

Had a great time! And it is always good to meet new Swampers.

Jim, I think the last time I saw you that I was thinking about was last year when Mako and TropicGal were there. I think.

Anyway, was a fun day and looks like next weekend will be fun. Tribal gathering thing.

I'll bring some burgers or something; we must have fire, we must we must. :D

Des, the hot dogs turned out great this time! I think I burned my widdle fingers on that batch. :11:

Sorry Des. Been known to screw up a perfectly good picture before, but not guilty this time. That's me with SeaHunt.

Been gone from the board soooo long I had to try every password I could remember before I got in. Hope to do better in the future.

See many new divers have been added and hope to see you all at CSSP.

The picture that is identified as Catch22 is actually Steve.
BTW, Des....who took the picture of you? That's a great shot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom