CSSP coords

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only way that I know of to find the coffin is to start from the pontoon boat dock, drop down the the 35 foot contour line (the depth will be variable) and head north (turn left).

The only way that I know of to find the coffin is to start from the pontoon boat dock, drop down the the 35 foot contour line (the depth will be variable) and head north (turn left).

I would prefer to find it this way, no compass required :)

A wise man once said, "there ain't no chords on a Banjo you just play it".
I'm not a wise man but I agree.

The other day I was at Hastings and to my surprise they they were .... Side by Side on the shelf in the self improvement section.... Two 1st additions.

"Banjo Chords" by Mel Bay ~ and ~ "Cords. of CSSP" by Mel Bay

This could change the world forever !!! :crafty:

Even with Mel's book, "Cords. of CSSP" it wouldn't do you much good unless you know the math behind inversing between coordinates. Kinda' like saying scuba divers breath oxygen.... Coordinates are north and east values, or latitude and departure, (to old surveyors). A bit of trig is needed to inverse between a set of cords, then you'll have a bearing (AKA azimuth) and distance. So look for the book, working with chords, by Les Paul......:D

Yes, I remember seeing you. The bottom of your bladder was bunching up with air, and you were flattening it out to fit through the window. That was a small opening, too.

That would have been me (in the blue tanks) and Turismon in silver

We've gone through the windows on the plane as well with that get up, the windows on the old boat however are the smallest holes I can find, I was trying to push air out of my bladder as it got caught when I went through the window, I thought I was going to have to take it off but managed to get enough air out of it to pop through.

Yes, I remember seeing you. The bottom of your bladder was bunching up with air, and you were flattening it out to fit through the window. That was a small opening, too.

That wasn't the bottom of the bladder, that was the bladder in its entirety, 8lbs of lift. I thought I was going to have to take it off to get through.

If I ran into anyone I appologize, I was blind as a bat or even more so since I forgot my mask I thought I was going ot have to buddy mask the dive.

fortunately my buddy had a backup and I used it, it sucked, I think I could see better without it - seriously.

If your interested in a rig like the one I was wearing, get one here:

www.gosidemount.com check out the videos!

I'm not an instructor at any level, but if anyone is interested in diving like that drop me a line I'd be happy to spend some time with anyone trying to dive with this rig or any similar - its a lot of fun.

You can dive it with single or double cylinders

That's bloody awesome, some of the techniques he was using!!

So look for the book, working with chords, by Les Paul......:D

I was sad to hear that Les Paul died that other day :depressed:

95 years old I think or close to it.

I am glad to hear that the Razor works well.
It is a very interesting design.

Plus it could really help bring my travel weight down... :D
Thats on my long term list of things change since I carry a U/W camera.
My current plan is super small bladder (20lb. wing) and a dog bone backplate.

Do you feel that that ali tanks are off set alright for the beginning of the dive?
I am worried about stepping off the boat and being able to properly float.
Then again I would love to ditch everything that I don't need in excess gear.

Later, Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom