CSSP conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did 3 dives for 140 minutes total time.....temps ranged from 68/surface-62F/41ffw......vis was 'ok to good'. Lots of dive shops out with students but not overly packed.

PS--Tried out my new 140ft. 'Spreel'.....it had a bit of a learning curve, but after a few line runs and bag deployments found it comfy. General Purpose Safety Reel - Large - Product Detail

I was out there today with students down around the airplane. Surface temp was around 72 and it was 64 at 27'. Vis wasn't bad, could see the plane from the surface and see from one end to the other. Much clearer beneath the thermocline. Will be back out tomorrow, hopefully any storms will pass by quickly.

Danny... I dove from the ST dock....dove one run over to the 'plane'....and popped up over there to even repack a lift bag.....sorry did not know you were over there---well HI! Alan

Did 3 dives for 140 minutes total time.....temps ranged from 68/surface-62F/41ffw......vis was 'ok to good'. Lots of dive shops out with students but not overly packed.

PS--Tried out my new 140ft. 'Spreel'.....it had a bit of a learning curve, but after a few line runs and bag deployments found it comfy. General Purpose Safety Reel - Large - Product Detail

That thing looks like a fly reel.

That thing looks like a fly reel.

Yep thats basically the design. Now you can dive and fly fish all at once!! :D

Raw day today at CSSP. Cloudy, windy, much cooler than yesterday, thank goodness no rain today, at least while we were out there. Vis near the plane about 10' and around toward the double platforms was about 15'. Water temp was 64 at 31' so it was actually warmer in the water than standing on shore in the wind. I didn't hang around today for any "pleasure" dives!

We were running a Rescue class at the North end, and the weather Sunday was just miserable. I agree, the students were warmer in the water than huddling behind our tarp whipping in the cold wind. Sun poked out just as I got home to Parker County.

Parker County? I thought I was the only one that lived out in that area! :)

I thought I was the only one in parker county!!!

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom