CSSP April 5-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am taking a class of 6 to Clear Springs this weekend.

I will be at the Adventure Scuba Pavilion as usual. Since my dry suit is still in Canada, unless I get really lucky and it makes it back in the next couple days, I'll be wet.

Yellowfin and Kunk are comming out to keep me company.

Come by and say hi, come do a Saturday afternoon dive, maybe a night dive, a sunday afternoon dive.

Season is just about here.

TwoBit

We were out last weekend with some OW and some Nav specialties. Surface was 61 with reports of 55 down deep, but I stayed at 61 down to the platforms. Vis was somewhat poor, 8 to 10. Looks like the water is up so you might get 60 in the silo. We never made it over there to check.

:cheers:

Thanks big time dude. I was hoping for mid to upper 60's. With the weather we are having I have my doubts.

Won't be going to the silo. I really don't consider 8-10 all that bad. If I can see across the platform it's all good.

TwoBit

Hopefully by the end of this month we'll be high 60's....

I based my vis on being able to see across the platform, which I could...beyond that it gets hazy quick. I could not see the platform from the surface, but I could see the bottom under the platform while on it....so, it's fine for evaluating skills.

I'm hoping for that stunning vis we had last year in May/June....there were times when it was 35-40.....I remember once swimming the float out to the platforms to tie off, and halfway out I could see both platforms from the surface....it was stunning to say the least.....and leading a tour over to the plane, when we topped that rocky saddle rise out of the channel, the plane appeared ahead...the whole thing and all the rocks around.

That was more due to the 27 days of rain we had in May. The sun never came out and give the algae a good chance to bloom. I agree with you, it was great.

The weather is looking like it's going to be nice this weekend.

TwoBit

I might try and make it by depending on how much work I get done on some school papers. Ill probably be alone though, 60ish is a bit on the cold side for my warm water buddies!

Man, it's been waaaaayyyyyy to long since I've been in the water. I can't wait till this weekend! :D

Rhonda just emptied some Walmart shelves in the food isles, so I think we are prepared.....I am sooo looking forward to some nice relaxing hangin out, makin smores, night divin......

You would think I was diving in Fiji or something....

Kory -- are you guys are there both days? Low 60s just might get me off the couch :)

Knowing Rhonda and how long it's been since she has been in the water, she will probably have to be drug from the park kicking and screaming, tied up in her own regs, and held down by empty cylinders. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom