Cssp 10/22/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2ft. or less and dark are some of the best diving you can do.....sharpens one's skills.

The above is your complete comment, there's no "context of training" as you put it.

If you choose to dive in open water as CSSP is, only with gin clear water, then you are not taking advantage of the poorer conditions as this weekend was to sharpen your skills for those times when 'poo' hits the fan in both open and overhead environments. If you do not practice your specific diving skills on a regular basis, then the simple fact is you loose thought and muscle memory of them, this practice ensures you are best prepared for the times that are not ideal.
Now you're talking "context of training" and I completely agree. It still doesn't mean that "2ft. or less and dark are some of the best diving" (training aside), been there, done that and will probably be doing it again at some point whether it's on a wreck off the Jersey coast, diving in Travis or even CSSP.

My graphical error, I admit.

I to have been there and done that ..... though not in NJ-- heard bad things about that little state.... just kidding!

Well least we cleared that up in record time. And yes, you/we will find ourselves in those conditions again.

Peace and safe diving.

The above is your complete comment, there's no "context of training" as you put it.

Now you're talking "context of training" and I completely agree. It still doesn't mean that "2ft. or less and dark are some of the best diving" (training aside), been there, done that and will probably be doing it again at some point whether it's on a wreck off the Jersey coast, diving in Travis or even CSSP.

I hope any folks venturing out to CSSP this weekend find better conditions.

I was out there today (Friday - 11/4) and we had at least 8' at some of the platforms. We were the only ones at CSSP all day so if anyone was mucking up the vis, I could only blame myself! :D

I posted other info in the dive conditions thread.

Back
Top Bottom