Cssp 10/22/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
FYI.........

Vis conditions were some of the worst (possibly rain-wind of late) I have seen at the pond.

Silo conditions were 57ffw (drought), and a balmy 60f.

Impressed you found the silo! Viz is by far the worst I have seen as well. 2 weeks ago at 40ft, within reach of the bottom and could not see it with a can light.

I went today, Sunday, viz was about 2 feet. Bottom of silo was 50 feet deep. Started losing ambient light at 41 feet and was pitch black at 50 feet. Got in 2 good dives anyway :)

I went today, Sunday, viz was about 2 feet. Bottom of silo was 50 feet deep. Started losing ambient light at 41 feet and was pitch black at 50 feet. Got in 2 good dives anyway :)

A only a True Swamper would refer to 2 dives with 2ft of viz as "good dives" :D AWESOME!

2ft. or less and dark are some of the best diving you can do.....sharpens one's skills.

A only a True Swamper would refer to 2 dives with 2ft of viz as "good dives" :D AWESOME!

So true, and only a fellow Swamper would understand :)

2ft. or less and dark are some of the best diving you can do.....sharpens one's skills.

Where did you pull that crap out of? Just some ego talk! Let's hear how diving 2' or blind is better than diving a wreck where you can see the whole of it? Or how penetration diving where you can see isn't better than when you have a silt out? Or in a cave, a dark silt out vs. dark and 100' vis? When you're in dark 2' or less situations, your skills better already be sharp, because that's not the time to try to sharpen them! If you're only talking about this 50' deep quarry that you only go to, it's easy to get away with most anything, even 2' or less and dark. But let's talk about real diving!

Yes. I've noticed swampers are pretty good with a compass :)

Where did you pull that crap out of? Just some ego talk! Let's hear how diving 2' or blind is better than diving a wreck where you can see the whole of it? Or how penetration diving where you can see isn't better than when you have a silt out? Or in a cave, a dark silt out vs. dark and 100' vis? When you're in dark 2' or less situations, your skills better already be sharp, because that's not the time to try to sharpen them! If you're only talking about this 50' deep quarry that you only go to, it's easy to get away with most anything, even 2' or less and dark. But let's talk about real diving!

All I can say is WOW :idk:

My statement was meant in the context of dive training, for those times when you get to a site and find it not as you had hoped, and still take advantage of what God has given you to work with for those times and events as you referred to in your post. Lets leave written jeering were it belongs...in the dictionary, or the Cheer and Jeer section of the newspaper.
If you choose to dive in open water as CSSP is, only with gin clear water, then you are not taking advantage of the poorer conditions as this weekend was to sharpen your skills for those times when 'poo' hits the fan in both open and overhead environments. If you do not practice your specific diving skills on a regular basis, then the simple fact is you loose thought and muscle memory of them, this practice ensures you are best prepared for the times that are not ideal.
I think most reader's who read my original above statement, understood what I was driving at.
Safe and friendly diving to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom