Crystal Blue Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Following a recent report from Anilao by YCW I was happy to have booked Crystal Bay Resort and can whole haeartedly recommend this place also.

IMG_1485F.jpg

Last week a major storm raged through the Verde Passage causing some issues around Batangas and on Mindora, however the leeward side of Anilao managed to escape without any major incident, just as well as I had booked to go diving, with two of my mates, Terry and Ged.

From previous reports of this Dive Resort I had chosen Crystal Blue, although Club Occelaris was also on my short list they failed to reply to any e-mails I sent them. In the end we chose Crystal Blue and for the second part of the trip Asia Divers at Puerto Galera.

Diving was as suspected after the storm a bit disappointing viz wise, but there was still plenty to see in the way of critters.

Pick up from the Intercontinental Hotel in Makati was delayed because the driver went to the Intercon at the airport, but the journey to the resort only took two and a half hours.

Once there we unpacked our kit, had lunch then prepared for our afternoon shore dive. My mate Terry had a fair bit of new gear and I was also using a new Dive Rite travel wing that I had only tested in my swimming pool, so a good idea for a shakedown.

All worked well, stacks of nudis just off the beach as well as shrimps and other macro stuff. We had a great guide for three days, Edgar, and seriously miss him over here in Puerto Galera at Asia Divers. Nice long dives too, he would stay with me after the others had surfaced until I hit 50 bar :D

IMG_1470F.jpg

Accommodation is pretty good, airconditioned rooms but the hot water system took me a couple of days to suss out. In the shower the hot water came out when the tap was to the right, and in the wash hand basin when it was center!
Work that one out!

Meals were pretty good too, although by the third morning the slab of butter was getting pretty rancid, might be a good idea not to put out the whole slab on day one when only five people are staying at the resort, however staff were very attentive and we were well looked after.

IMG_1479MF.jpg

Interestingly while the three of us dived with Edgar, a Swiss couple that arrived the same day had their own boat and dive guide.

The camera room was also pretty well set up and two of us made good use of it.

IMG_1471F.jpg

Highly recommended and will be back again although I believe April and May are fully booked for 2013.

Oh and the macro stuff is incredible

ANI_9227MCsig.jpg

ANI_9133MCsig.jpg

ANI_9022MCsig.jpg

I stayed at Crystal Blue in April and also dove with Edgar. He knows were all of those little critters live. Funny he would tell us what we were going to see, but then would say "no guarantees" . Actually he produced just about everything we were looking for. Good guy to dive with.

We're happy you guys enjoy diving with us, I'll sort out the butter thing.
by the way, it's always a good idea if you have any issues, like hot water, to let your resort staff know on the first day, that way we can fix it for you right away.
We have place for guests though out 2013 and 2014 just send a note and I'll do my best to put you in.
Mike@divecbr.com
all the best,

Hi Mike,

I am in the process of booking for next week. Pity Edgar is not available though.

Hi Mike,

I am in the process of booking for next week. Pity Edgar is not available though.

Happy to know you've been taken care of..
In the future, if you would like to request one of our guides, let us know at least 3 months in advance so we can be sure to have it scheduled.

thanks and see you next week!

I always enjoy reading your dive reports...

would be more interesting to include some info like the rates.
how did you organize such trip.
what to do/can be done/ would you rather done to make this trip better.

these notes are not related to this report but in general

I always enjoy reading your dive reports...

Thanks Corleone

would be more interesting to include some info like the rates.

It's usually all there on their websites

how did you organize such trip.

Google is your friend, followed by e-mails and telephone calls

Back
Top Bottom