Trip Report Crystal Blue Resort, Anilao, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rmorgan

I've stayed at Crystal Blue 3 times diving in Anilao and I've done Lembeh 3 times (staying at various places). Although Lembeh is more famous, Anilao has two big advantages... the first is a greater number of nudibranchs (and greater variety), and it's easier to get to (~2 hr car/van ride from Manila). Lembeh has more cephalopods (coconut octopus, etc.) in general, however I've found more blue rings in Anilao.

You are likely to see more frogfish in Lembeh, but I saw my first Rhinopias in Anilao...

You can't go wrong with either location for great macro. I'm headed back to Anilao in Jan of 2024 as the number and variety of nudi's is that spectacular (and the blackwater diving is much better than what they offer in Lembeh - in part because Mike Bartick @Crystal Blue runs a great dive operation).

1. There are direct flight(non stop) by PAL from three major cities in US to Manila. And Anilao is around 2-3 hrs by car from Manila airport.
2. There is not much current inside the bay.
I know there are direct flights from Los Angeles and San Francisco, but where (and which airline) is the third direct flight from?

I know there are direct flights from Los Angeles and San Francisco, but where (and which airline) is the third direct flight from?

United will start flying direct from SFO to MNL later this fall. However, I don't think that's why the previous poster mentioned 3 destinations.

Philippine Airlines also offers flights direct to Manila from New York (JFK), Vancouver, and Honolulu.

Pre-pandemic they used to offer seasonal flights to/from Vegas as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom