cruise ship diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

principalhorn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all, My wife and I are novice open water divers, have two weeks Cozumel diving experience, and will be going to Tortola, Dominica and Grand Cayman on the cruise boat Princess Sun the last two weeks of December. Rather than use the shore excursions that Princess offers, does anyone out there have recommendations for local outfits that pick divers up at the cruise ship docks? And what are the 'highlight' one shot dives for those islands. I can imagine there are a lot of options, like the HMS Rhone in Tortola. Thanks for the help! EL

Not sure abou Tortola, and Dominica, but on Grand Cayman, the ship docks for such a short time that it's almost impossible to get off in time to make a dive with a local dive op. By the time you get off the ship, you're too late for the morning dive and don't have enough time for the afternoon dive.

Terry

principalhorn:
Hello all, My wife and I are novice open water divers, have two weeks Cozumel diving experience, and will be going to Tortola, Dominica and Grand Cayman on the cruise boat Princess Sun the last two weeks of December. Rather than use the shore excursions that Princess offers, does anyone out there have recommendations for local outfits that pick divers up at the cruise ship docks? And what are the 'highlight' one shot dives for those islands. I can imagine there are a lot of options, like the HMS Rhone in Tortola. Thanks for the help! EL

We're facing the same issue. Grand Princess in January. We're just going with the two-tank dives offered through Princess excursions. No issues with matching up a schedule with a local or missing the ship when it leaves port.

rico68:
We're facing the same issue. Grand Princess in January. We're just going with the two-tank dives offered through Princess excursions. No issues with matching up a schedule with a local or missing the ship when it leaves port.

It works out well in Cozumel.

Christi at Blue XT Sea (http://www.bluextseadiving.com/) may be able to work with you on times, since the ships stay longer in Coz.

Terry

You might add your location to your Profile. :D

Drop down to our Carribean forum for lots of info on your destination...

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

:wavey: el, Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Take a look at www.shoretrips.com This site offers various land based excursions which may not be offered by your cruisehip. Also means that you're away from a crowd.
Having said the Sail Caribbean Divers are the dive operator used by Princess in Tortola and were voted the best by the Princess divers in 2005.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom