Cruise and diving in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave, good point about ship time versus local time but it is in May so daylight is not as constrained as this time of year.

Also note that to have decent snorkeling, they would need to go to relatively shallow sites.

I know from reading her facebook logs that Scuba with Alison does mixed snorkeling and scuba trips on occasion.

No idea if she does afternoon trips, but definitely worth emailing. She caters to cruisers and is highly recommended on cruisecritic. I could not have been more pleased with my time diving with her.

If you are on Carnival Ecstasy then the listed port time is 130 - 1000 PM local.

with port times that late in the day, I hate to say it but I would book with the cruise ship dive op. That will guarantee you that you will go out. Cozumel diving is NOT to be missed! May is our favorite month to dive there - seas are usually calm and current is lighter (depending on moon cycle). Fishlife is really active, too.

I am not sure that this situation requires a cruise ship booking. Tulum ruins from Cozumel...often yes.

If Aldora can do a combined dive/snorkel trip, they are a good option. They have multiple boats and plenty of staff who should be able to accommodate your ship schedule. Plus you are likely to get some beach time. I do not know if any beach clubs would be serving food at that time but if you can still use their chairs etc that would be good.

Alison would also be a good choice.

I did get answers back from the ones I have emailed. I am in the process of figuring out who to go with. All of them said they could do it if I wanted the private charter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Well looks like I won't be going to Coz after all. Carnival changed the cruise and it is not in our dates. So off we go to the Bahamas. Thanks for all the input here.

Contact Aldora Dive Shop for a possible (2 tank)boat dive---they do twilight dives ........(When I used to go to CZM & would land on the direct flight outta Houston by ~12:30 PM we used to make a 2 tank dive with them that 1st afternoon---starting ?~ 2 or 2:30 PM).......Love to fly & dive the same day.:)

Well looks like I won't be going to Coz after all. Carnival changed the cruise and it is not in our dates. So off we go to the Bahamas. Thanks for all the input here.

Bummer. That's not a good substitution in my mind. Hope you have fun in the Bahamas.

Back
Top Bottom