Crown of Thorns on Science Channel now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
An hour long special just started on the science channel. It is about the COT on the GBR. Not our neck of the woods, but still looks to be interesting.

Have a Palau Dive Master Friend who accidentally stepped on one with barefoot --excruciating pain, and his whole lower leg swelled-up later as he fought-off a severe secondary bacterial infection.

What are those funky looking green pokey starfish looking things here on the North Shore at Shark's Cove?

Kevrumbo:
Have a Palau Dive Master Friend who accidentally stepped on one with barefoot --excruciating pain, and his whole lower leg swelled-up later as he fought-off a severe secondary bacterial infection.
Ask Jimbo about his pet COTS.

sloyota:
What are those funky looking green pokey starfish looking things here on the North Shore at Shark's Cove?

Crown of Thorns

So we have them here too??? Or are we talking a different specie???

sloyota:
stay away from the green pokey starfish looking things slo......

like kevrumbos bud in PI, I had a %#$@ try to sling one on the deck of my boat and I tried to stop it from happening and caught it on top of my hand. 2 hospitalizations and still have problems with that hand to date (been almost 3 months)

Lots in the PI. Very bad infections...

Yeah, I got poked by one up at the Cove...luckily I am okay...

Seen one of them off of Magic Island this afternoon. Cranked out a shore dive in about 25 - 30 feet of water...had lots of air...until attempting to go into the lagoon between the two breakwaters...then the air went bye-bye...

Back to them thorns, are we unofficially huli-ing those and placing a rock on top of them? Or are we leaving them be?

Just wondering.

Bought in an ice bag, a plastic cup, a mentos wrapper, and a snickers wrapper today.

Back
Top Bottom