Crotch strap for BP/W......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like you're referring to abrasion on the strap, but the issue (or so I've read) is with the wider straps wearing on the wetsuit material.

Nope, I mean no wetsuit abrasion. Not any strap abrasion either, mind you - I don’t scooter around, so there’s just not that much tension on the crotch strap. Just enough to keep things in place.

I have noticed a difference between my Halcyon 2" crotch strap and the generic Dive Rite 2" strap. (I own both).
The Halcyon is much "softer", in that it feels less rigid. Maybe it's just me. Each is about 6 mo's old with the same amount of dives.
The more rigid DR strap works just fine though. No chafing issues at all so far.

Many thanks for the solid replies, guys.
Yeah,my main concern with the 2in belt was the possible wetsuit abrasion I'd read about, but my concern with the 1 in strap was the dreaded wedgie-syndrome,but that doesn't seem to be the case , especially since I'm highly unlikely to be using a DPV.
So it looks like I'm fine using the 1in strap I already have a stash of.
Thanks again to all..

2" soft, cant speak re wetsuit abrasion as I dive dry, do have neoprene protection pads on both my TLS's which I put through hell, zero signs of any abrasion. Have a huge roll of it here at the house if you want some pm me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom