Crossing fingers for August 8-9 conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So...the latest video I've seen from Point Lobos (August 4) shows some incredibly green and dark water, a far cry from my last and only dive there.

The Big Sur boat I was on last Sunday was also thick with invertebrate chunkiness, and it sounds like it wasn't much better closer to shore, with reports of thick masses of brown jellies at MacAbee and BW.

I know a lot of NorCal SBers are going to be on the boat this weekend, so hopefully you guys find some clear waters. As for us on shore for the weekend, I wonder if there's any kind of Viz Dance we can do between now and then to appease the powers that be...

So...the latest video I've seen from Point Lobos (August 4) shows some incredibly green and dark water, a far cry from my last and only dive there.

The Big Sur boat I was on last Sunday was also thick with invertebrate chunkiness, and it sounds like it wasn't much better closer to shore, with reports of thick masses of brown jellies at MacAbee and BW.

I know a lot of NorCal SBers are going to be on the boat this weekend, so hopefully you guys find some clear waters. As for us on shore for the weekend, I wonder if there's any kind of Viz Dance we can do between now and then to appease the powers that be...

:zen: Chanting to the vz gods for ya Kenn. :zen:

See the visibility prediction link
divegenie.com

I am hoping that since today we had some overcast the visibility will improve. We'll see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom