Critique My Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmith89:
Ok,
First off i went with the mares octo because honestly it was free and i figured since it is just my octo and will only be breathed off of under bad circumstances i can settle for an octo that doesn't breath the best in the world because well it was free

Most of your gear looks fine. I don't have any experience with those regs but you would be wise to re-think your priorites.

a good point, stephen. especially because, jacobi, *you're* the one who will be breathing off it in the long-hose world! :wink:

looks good, though.

I did think hard about cheaping out on it but i decided it was a risk i was comfortable taking and I actually just changed out the reg to the cressi sub air plus got it from scubatoys because they wouldn't be able to get me the scubapro one until march or april at the earliest so i decided to go the scubatoys route save money and have it hear thursday thanks scubatoys

-Jacobi

jsmith89:
Ok, Just bought bunches of new gear and want to hear everyone's opinion of it. Tell me what is good, bad, ugly or just plain wrong with what I got.

BC: Dive Rite SS Back Plate
OMS 35# Wing
Single Piece Webbing Harness
Scuba Pro Cam Bands Locking in Opposite Directions
Reg: Scuba Pro MK2+/R295
Mares MR12 Rebel Octopus
Dacor Supreme SPG

-Jacobi

Welcome to diving. You made lots of good picks. You may have input from many shouldhave/couldhave folks. Don't worry. You are diving. Take a few more courses. Dive a lot. Book a boat trip. Make up your own mind.

Um mdb i actually am at a terminal right now...rescue diver...and have done all the specialties i want to do so until I am 18 doesn't look like I'll be doing any more training

-Jacobi

If you feel like you are one with your rig and you forget that you are breathing underwater then you done good.

Pete

OMS, Dive Rite good Scubapro....well... APEKS much beter. But you forgot the most important aspect of diving. Are you color coordinated? :)

"It is beter to look good than to feel good!" (Billy Chrystal)

T

I was hoping that this was a thread about a BP/W if not it would have been "feed me to the sharks". :D

jsmith89:
Ok,
First off i went with the mares octo because honestly it was free and i figured since it is just my octo and will only be breathed off of under bad circumstances i can settle for an octo that doesn't breath the best in the world because well it was free

That works until it goes free flow:11doh: at 90-100fsw at 500 left in the tank....

Back
Top Bottom