Crickies...glitch in my learning...urgent...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
...leaving for a last minute dive and I was going to take the new 5050.

But, I have it set up in M mode as Ken's site suggests (ISO 64, 1/100, f5) as a starting place...in my flash menu, I can only choose slow or off! This doesn't seem right to me!

I tried both normal and macro setting and it is still like this....any help or am I going to have to scrap the dive and play with the camera on land??!! ???

alcina:
...leaving for a last minute dive and I was going to take the new 5050.

But, I have it set up in M mode as Ken's site suggests (ISO 64, 1/100, f5) as a starting place...in my flash menu, I can only choose slow or off! This doesn't seem right to me!

I tried both normal and macro setting and it is still like this....any help or am I going to have to scrap the dive and play with the camera on land??!! ???

This is normal - you'll only be able to choose slow or off in M mode: it just means when the flash will fire - just after the curtain opens (slow 1) or or just before it closes (slow 2). In this case (1/100) there won't be a noticable difference.

So just leave it on Slow and select 'Slow 1' in the menu (OK >> Mode menu >> Camera >> Slow >> Slow1)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom