Cressi - Sub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by gregavolt
I am a new diver, but I got the Big Eyes and really like it alot, but it is also the first and only mask I have ever used, so I can't really compare. I think what impressed me most was trying it on in the store, and I could see the logo on my shirt, something no other mask was able to do, but it may not allow as much vision upwards as others. All in all, I am pretty happy with it!

Thanks very much for the feedback Greg! I'll definitely be trying one when the time comes.

maybe some more useful info here.Anyone looking into buying the Cressi-horizon may also need to consider the color. I bought one that has a clear skirt.I didnt realize the black skirt helped in poor viz.I was told by someone who uses the black that it helps to focus better in low light situations.This guy dives weekly in all conditions so i figured he knew what he was talking about.

Cressi is certainly big in the UK and would seem to be well regarded.

The S111 has received GREAT reviews. I own a dive shop and we carry Cressi. I, personally, was a bit disappointed with the S111 because of the size of the pockets. THEY are huge. Take up to much room. But Cressi is Italian made and is the largest Scuba Company in Europe and parts of Africa and Asia.

Cressi-Sub is a major European dive equipment manufacturer based in Italy. Their gear sells extremely well in the UK and all around the Mediterranean.

I guess it may just be less popular here in the States because import duties boost the price and there's a healthy market for locally manufactured (and generally excellent) products.

I too have the Big Eyes mask - it's phenomenal! I traded up from their budget model, the Sirena, which was good, but offered nothing like the field of view.

It's been pointed out that C-S do a lot to serve the freediving (apneist) community. This is very true, they are associated with many record holders - though I can't see any reason to limit your down time by leaving your cylinder(s) behind personally!

MN

I've got a Cressi AquaPro 5 BC and really like it. There are a couple of design elements that are quirky enough to scream European origin (hehe) but I think it is a very well made product at a reasonable price.

Sorry about the late reply been busy with the holiday and my computers been down.Yes I did buy it from Rons Scuba Center.Which is now the dive center. I am very good friends with the owner so i try to support him.I havent used the BC and Reg yet . I had plans to dive with him last weekend but didnt make it . I plan to go this weekend July 13th if all goes well.Hopefully I'll be able to tell u then.I used the 109 to get certified with and i had a hard time staying vertical.
He says this will definately do the trick.If you planing to buy one now may be the time .He's haveing a grand opening sale and the S111 is marked down considerably.If you havent been to his new store you should stop by it's a very big improvement from what he had.

Scottbeach,
How long have u had your BC and how much did you pay for it if i may ask?The reason i ask is i started to buy a package off Ebay a few months ago and they had the Aquapro 5 and a cressi regulator and octo for $250.Says it was new and i get to pick the size so i assume it was still on the shelf. was this a good deal or what? I wasn't sure if i needed it to begin with because as i said in the other post i used the 109 to do my pool dive in and i really didnt care for it just seemed small i guess.I purchased the S111 a few weeks ago. I should be doing my OW next weekend i hope it's all i expect it to be. Everyone i talk with that has one says they love it and the airtec reg.

I finally got to use my S111 and my air tec reg.
I think i made a wise choice to purchace both.They made my dive alot easier. The BC fit great and felt good ,no sqeeze or anything.
It kept me balanced and nuetral with no problem.The airtec reg was impressive. No effort to use at all with the adjustment . Would recommend this to anyone new or experienced . A+ equipment.

Back
Top Bottom