Cressi Space Frog 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ari,

I've got a pair of the old Space Frogs, and I like them a lot. I think the only difference with the Space Frog 1 is the material used to construct them, which makes them lighter. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing or not, as the yellow ones at least are positively bouyant, and when I first got them, I had to really struggle to maintain position in the water, and I tended to roll (but that's with a jacket BC - I think my new back inflation BC would not have had the same problems). If they were even more bouyant, I could see it being an ongoing problem. When I bought mine, the guy at the store recommended them for me because of my height, and he said that they were a design well suited to a tall person with a lot of leg strength. Either they are, or he was trying to clear the last of some close-out stock :) But I know I can certainly get some speed up (with effort) and power past other people in other brands of paddle fins, and I'm not the most athletic person in the world, so I'm happy with them.

However I bought them without trying split fins, so I don't know if I still would have bought them after that. Despite the "paddle versus split" debate that continues to rage, Rodale's magazine have tested hundreds of fins, and split fins always come out on top it seems. I've never worn split fins, but I would like to try a pair one day and see for myself. If you're in the middle of a fin-buying decision, it might be worthwhile to try comparing them in the water if you can get the opportunity. Rodale's have their fin reviews for both paddle and split online.

I dive with Space Frogs and have for about a year or so. I love them. I've never tried split fins and don't really feel a need to until my Space Frogs die. I love the Space Frogs, I had regular Frog fins before but the Space Frogs have more power. I've tried other brands and stayed with the Cressi's.

Scott

i just ordered a pair of space frogs... . . i hear their great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom