CRESSI .JSON Backup files

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speysider23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
I am writing on behalf of my partner who is the diver.
She has been using a Cressi Donatello dive computer for the last 2 years but recently bought a Sunnto Eon Core. All her previous 100+ dive logs have been stored in the Cressi UCI software but she has asked me if I can import them into Subsurface (where she intends to store all her dive logs going forward).
I have made a back-up of the logs in the Cressi software, saved them to the desktop but when I try to import them into Subsurface I get a message saying "Subsuface failed to parse".

I have spoken to Cressi and apparently they no longer support their software so can't/won't help.
I have tried using an online file conversion software to rewrite the backed-up dive logs into another type of file but once again the software can't read the Cressi JSON files.

Does anyone have any idea how I can import the dive logs from the Cressi software into Subsuface please?

Regards

Chris

I’m not familiar with the Cressi DC, but maybe you could try importing directly from the divecomputer (if it still lives) to Subsurface?
Sorry I don’t have a better idea 🤷🏽‍♀️😅

Also, there might be something here
… json files can be relatively easily converted to other excel formats, so that could be another workaround

I’m not familiar with the Cressi DC, but maybe you could try importing directly from the divecomputer (if it still lives) to Subsurface?
Sorry I don’t have a better idea 🤷🏽‍♀️😅

Also, there might be something here
… json files can be relatively easily converted to other excel formats, so that could be another workaround
Thanks, I have managed to download the last 50 dive logs from the Cressi Donatello in to Subsurface :yeahbaby:. Still 67 from before March 2023 missing though.

Thanks again

Chris

Does anyone have any idea how I can import the dive logs from the Cressi software into Subsuface please?

What's the JSON look like? can you post/PM me?

If you know how to program you can write some quick python to massage the json into a format supported by subsurface. Otherwise you can check the subsurface documentation online and see if they have a conversion tool or if anyone on the message board there has a solution ready

If you know how to program you can write some quick python to massage the json into a format supported by subsurface. Otherwise you can check the subsurface documentation online and see if they have a conversion tool or if anyone on the message board there has a solution ready

It remains to be seen what JSON has in it and if/how that'd map to subsurface's XML, that's why I asked for a sample.

What's the JSON look like? can you post/PM me?
Hi
Thanks for your offer of help, please find attached the Cressi.json backup log file.
I am afraid I am not a programmer so I can't do much with it other than open it in Sublime Text.

It wouldn't let me attach the .json file directly as it was a format that wasn't supported so I had to ZIP it.

Regards
Chris

Attachments

• CressiLogs.json.zip
    253.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi
Thanks for your offer of help, please find attached the Cressi.json backup log file.
I am afraid I am not a programmer so I can't do much with it other than open it in Sublime Text.

It wouldn't let me attach the .json file directly as it was a format that wasn't supported so I had to ZIP it.

Regards
Chris

Looks doable, not sure when I get a fresh supply of round tuits though...

@atdotde, do you know much about subsurface's CSV imports off the top of your head? -- I'd do that rather than native XML. There are 60 dives, would subsurface need 60 "dive detail" CSVs and 60 "dive profile" CSVs?

Looks doable, not sure when I get a fresh supply of round tuits though...

@atdotde, do you know much about subsurface's CSV imports off the top of your head? -- I'd do that rather than native XML. There are 60 dives, would subsurface need 60 "dive detail" CSVs and 60 "dive profile" CSVs?

Yes, a csv file per dive; I’d try it that way as well, some python parser to generate the csv files from json and then import into subsurface — I could also try at it but don’t know when I have something ready, finally made it to somewhere warm anf sandy and getting wet on the daily

Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 21.42.56.png

I had some success with dive #1 -- next challange is getting it into Subsurface nicely
the CSV I get so far have a "dive condition labels and starting conditions header" that have to be deleted manually to be able to import cleanly into Subsurface, but you lose some Metadata like dive time/date/starting tissue saturation/repetitive count and so on

Easy fix to ignore the header and I will have all the dive logs ready for you now (like in 5 minutes); but if you want to keep the metadata I have to think how to approach the whole parsing in a different way
(you can input the metadata manually in Subsurface after the import)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom