Cressi Horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hey!

When diving in Thailand; I unfortunately left my mask and snorkel behind. So I need some help in buying a new mask, as I'm finally going diving again this summer... trouble is I can't try it on beforehand (no proper diveshops where I live) - so I'm going to order online at scubastore.com, which means I need to choose something that will suit me =)

I'm looking at the Cressi Horizon - I like the wide field of view, and on the site it has good reviews. Is this a good mask in your opinions? I have read the threads on big eyes vs mares x-vision, but haven't found anything on the Horizon.

me @ thailand
Above is a pic of me - I don't know if I have a wide or narrow head, but I do know that it's big. Do you think the Horizon will fit ?
Oh yes - the mask is a seac sea-wide, which fit although a bit tight. My problem with that mask was that it leaked somewhat - needed to clear it every 10 minutes.

Also - if I would like a black skirt, as is recommended here, which colour should I go for.. : dark silver, or aguamarina ?

Thanks!

EDIT: OK just read horizon might not be good for big-nosed people.. so now I'm also looking into the mares x-vision and the pure vision.. I read the pure vision is just a single lens version of the x-vision - yet the volume of the pure vision is 75 cm^3 larger than the x-vision?? (105 vs 180) and this is a bad thing right.. now how can that be with two similar masks?

Buying a mask on line is an iffy thing at best. But, I own two Cressi big eyes and they work well for me. As far as color goes...whatever floats your boat.
rich

So aguamarina comes with a black skirt too? Kind of hard to decipher those colours :eek:

The Horizon is the Big Eyes with side view panels. I used the Horizon for a year, I now use the Cressi Matrix which is great, good view and low profile.
I agree with Rich, buying a mask online is not advisable. A mask either fits or it doesn't and you really won't know until you try it on. A mask is one of the few things that I will always go to the shop to try before I buy...

sooo can anyone answer the questions:

a) how can the pure vision be almost the same as x-vision, if the volumes are totally different?

b) how do I get the horizon with black skirt?

clown_fish:
sooo can anyone answer the questions:

a) how can the pure vision be almost the same as x-vision, if the volumes are totally different?

b) how do I get the horizon with black skirt?
Here is the answer to B.
Both places have the black skirt with silver.

Scuba Toys Cressi Mask

Leisure Pro Cressi Mask

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom