cressi fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ninjaman68

Registered
Reaction score
has anyone used the cressi pro light fins what are they like.
also which split fins are good mares rapters i may buy a pair of each any recomendations
or better options for recreational diving
cheers

:confused:

Cressi's are fine, but harder to move than Raptors. I think it depends on what kind of diving you'll be doing. It's not the same 3 mm suit in Cozumel or dry suit in England :wink:

Regards,

Rx.

Welcome to SB Ninjaman68. Searching for fins can be fun and frustrating at times. No need to get to uptight, just try them out! I have found that most dive shops that are reputable will allow customers to try fins out. If a local dive club has a meeting or event is a another great way to try new things. I can not comment on the Mares have not personally had them on how ever I do own and use Scuba Pro Twin Jets, Oceanic V12s, US Divers Rocket II. I would recommend any or all of these as a place to start. But the best advice is to research as you are check the dive magazines, look deeper into this forum and pick a few and go for it. Get in the pool and give them a shot. It usually takes a few laps to get the feel of each fin. I have found that fins are really personal preference and bottom line what works best for you and the diving you plan to do! Try new things and dive every chance you get, it's awesome to experience new stuff! Good luck with your search, CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Figured I'd resurrect this thread since there wasn't much discussion on this fin when I was shopping. At least not enough to dissuade me from a poor purchase.

Bought a pair of Cressi Pro Light fins in April and took them to Kauai. A few minutes trying them on, while comfortable on dryland, didn't prepare me for their abysmal fit and function in the water. Boxy, oddly shaped foot pocket. Ridiculously stiff, never a fin that you'd want to snorkel with while you aren't diving. First time in the water (snorkelling) they induced a cramp in my foot rapidly, the only relief was to loosen them slightly...and then I promptly lost one in the offshore breakers, at a very critical time. My stupid fault, but nonetheless ended up in a precarious position. By the time I reached the shore I so loathed these fins that it no longer bothered me that a brand new fin that I'd lugged 3000 miles (carryo-on) was irretrievably lost to the Pacific.

Thusly I spent the entire trip borrowing fins, my buddy's Mares Avantis were delightful, a Divemasters's AL Slingshots were quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom