cressi big eyes leeks at top am I doing somethin wrong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pggeek

Reaction score
I had this anoying sound and realised it is my Cressi big eyes mask. I like the mask and the vision but I have a small stream of bubbles that leeks out just above the cornor top of my eyes. if I hold my nose I don't get it takes a while to stop though. the issue is when I breeth out it takes a little pressure to exhale and a little air goes into the mask and causes this stream of bubbles on both sides. If I put my fingers over the area where it bubbles it is fine.

Is this a fit issue. It doesn't leak water. Am I doing something wrong?

I supect it is a fit issue what other mask is good that I should try?

It looks to me like there may be a pinhole on the skirt.
Cjh

Sounds to me like you are exhaling a bit thru your nose creating an overpressure that has to release somewhere. The fit at your temples must be the weak point. Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are not getting water in. If it is annoying or causing fogging, try working on breathing control to eliminate the exhaling thru your nose.

No, No pin hole. If I hold the scirt down it stops and doesn't exhast anywhere else. I have tried adj my breething but a little will come out of my nose just to get over the pressure needed to exhast from the reg. I have a 600ti reg so I doubt the reg is an issue.

Back
Top Bottom