Creepy things found diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't really say that this is creepy, just rather odd.

I just returned from a trip to Alor in east Indonesia which is still very lowtech and kinda frontier diving. Fabulous corals, virtually no human interference or pollution.

Yet for some reason I would at several divesites, kilometres apart find still legible, handwritten wreaths of paper that looked like extensive shopping lists in Bahasa indonesian. It just seemed really out of place in a part of the world where you can barely even get toiletpaper (it's a hands-on experience). I'm quite sure they don't have to worry much about tax evation either so ????

I'll quit my rambling now.

I was free diving while my buddy was floating on the surface watching me. I was down for about a minute and a half (my maximum breath hold) so I shot up towards the surface in desperate need of a breath of fresh air. Instead of fresh air, just as I look up knowing I'm near the surface I find my dive buddy's bare butt!! I quickly darted out from under him and let him know that the next time he pulls that stunt he is going to get intimatly introduced to my snorkel. I don't think he'll try that one again. He he he.

Great stories everyone, loved the deer popping out of the water to scare the fishermen.

I too found a large plastic box marked "human remains" full of ashes.

I found half of a seal once. Just half. It made me sad, but at the same time it made me wonder, what leaves half a seal floating about and is it still around?

PAdiver93:
Jersey Divers? WE find NOTHING! And even though we do like swimming with the fishes - still we wouldn't wanna do it 24/7!

We're from Jersey, if we do find something, we keep it for ourselves, and our clubs!

What like half seals and human remains?

You must be from that "Lecter Memorial Dive Club"

So what's new on creepy things found clubbing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom