Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H2Andy:
hmmm...

you know, i seem to create my own problems, but then they evolve and get much worse all on their own...

what does this mean???

I would postulate that you violate the second law of thermodynamics but that would be a misconception.

Soggy:
Andy's a lawyer, so I'm sure he can get an acquittal.

thank you for the vote of confidence.... watch this...

SeanQ:
I would postulate that you violate the second law of thermodynamics but that would be a misconception.

you are in fact correct, sir!

the second law of thermodynamics only applies to a closed system, and i, alas, along with my myriad problems, are most definetely not a closed system

inasmuch as my wife can get into my office anytime she wants and *****

SeanQ:
You'd be right too, because it was the dinosaurs that evolved into birds. :D
Well ... actualy it apears that birds are dinosaurs.

dk2943:
Wait! Just to spice the argument up, did anyone see the Discovery Channel Show on the Tomb of Jesus?

I did, but I didn't find their argument particularity compelling. Their strongest evidence is that the family was buried togeather in a tomb, and had the names and relationships stated in the bible. They did some probability questions, and although I would agree that particular distribution of names would be unlikely to occur more then once in such a limited time/area, it certainty isn't proof positive. Nor did they mention exactly how they came to their 1:30,000 number.

The rest of their proof was rather weak - for example Jesus & Mary Magdalene's mtDNA did not match. They claimed that proved a husband/wife relationship. In reality, all that shows is they didn't share the same maternal line. Could just as easily have been cousins on the fathers side.

Interesting show, but I don't think the faithful should be lining up to pray at his tomb just yet...

Bryan

"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature."
Frank Lloyd Wright

H2Andy:
thank you for the vote of confidence.... watch this...

you are in fact correct, sir!

the second law of thermodynamics only applies to a closed system, and i, alas, along with my myriad problems, are most definetely not a closed system

inasmuch as my wife can get into my office anytime she wants and *****

**WAVES TO ANDY**

ok...bloody hell? Lawyers talking authoritatively on thermodynamics modelling of systems and other engineering topics?

Sweet jimmeny christmas. What have we evolved too? :D

I might have to jump ship to the creation side on this one:D

j/k

How about both.. when you thing about it creaters will always be the strongest survies and they pass on their genes ect

but the question is how do you go from nothing to life...

thats the real question i mean at 1 time the planet wasnt here if the big bang theory is correct.. that something is created from nothing but the thing is if nothing creates something then something has to exest for it to be created.. if you look at the world as being made up of atoms the atoms dont just magicly apear meaning there has to be something to create it..

i think the big bang theory has some merit but creation also has some merit as you cant just make something apear out of nothing .. think of it this way how did earth start.. it was just a flying mass that built up as gravity attarts things and it happend to be spining around the sun.. so with that already existing how did life start if the big bang was correct then in fact there was no sun there was nothing in the beging but there has to be something in order for something to be created let alone life..

there more i think about it the more confused it make my self life evoles i dont doubt that but it doesnt just apear out of no were it has to come from something and the planet it self at one time would had to been nothing and over a long long time it got built up like they say the stars are always dying and beening recreated how about like and other planets.. as well as being destoryed so there must of been something to start it all..

Say it again.

The Theory of Evolution is not a theory of abiogenesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom