Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
stepup:
I am a very strong christian and I do believe in evolution. I mean it has been proven to an extent. Do I believe that a bird ca turn into a diosaur no. Do I believe that a birds beak can start taking on a little different shape because he ird needs it to open nuts rather than catch bugs sure. I believe that god knows that people and animals a like need to evolve to keep up with the earth. I have read many places and I totally agree with this statement. " I would rather believe ad find out its not true than not to believe and burn in hell for eternity", I hear people say If a god will do that then I want nothing to do with him. Thats fine and you will die a poor sinners death and be in a place for eternity that your mind cannot fathom. You will burn forever. Its not like you just have to endure it for awhile. It's eternity something our minds cannot fathom. Everything in this life had a beginning and a end. But hell has a beginning but very much it has no end what so ever. I know that there is a god. I mat not be able to see him physically or hear him physically but I do not kow how to explain the may miracles that are performed everyday. I do not know how to explain the wonders of the human body. Look at how amazing the human body is and tell me that there was not a higher power. I didn't have very much faith until he lord go a hold of me ad started dealing with me. Once he did though I knew that something was going on and I knew I had to do something or I was going to die that same poor sinners death that I mentioned earlier. Now I do know that I will have eternal life. I also know that there is a god through faith, miracles, and the wonderful things he has done for me through out my life. But the way I look at it is I know where I am going in the end no matter what and that is what little bit of comfort I can get out of dying rather than thinking that I am going to just turn into dst in the end.

So, let me get this straight...someone from some remote tribe in Africa who has had no contact with the outside world whatsoever and who has no idea what Christianity is, but lives a good life, always loves his neighbors like he does his family, gives of himself, and dies a selfless death at some point, will wind up burning in hell because he didn't believe in your God? :11:

Even if your overall beliefs are correct, don't you think it is more important to God that someone lifes a good life and tries to make the world a better place, than it is for someone to believe the words that men wrote in a book about God thousands of years before? This is exactly what I meant in my post about myth.

When he was questioned on the topic, Jesus himself decided to simplify the ten commandments, and narrowed it down to two. Love God with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself. Well, he didn't say anything about what you have to understand about God, only that you have to love him. Whoever or whatever is responsible for all that colorful stuff we see on a dive, and all that fresh air and breathtaking landscape I see on a mountain when I am skiing....yeah, I love that entity. And I would never be so arrogant as to say that I know anything more about him/her/it/them than that. As for my neighbors...I try to live the best life that I can. If you see me burning in hell for that life, then so be it.

Hey, Green Manelishi and Thalassamania, are you guys coming to Boston Sea Rovers this weeked? If there is free space, perhaps we could set up a cage fight in the Oval room.

EVOLUTION VS CREATION: FINAL SMACKDOWN

If you're there, I'll be around at least Sunday, probably at the Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions booth.

Just after the beginning was an amoeba.....it took drugs and mutated......

or...

In the beginning was an amoeba....it dreams a lot......

I'm getting a little sick and tired of reading God is a man! Every intelligent person knows God is a woman and she created the world in less than a day!! She just snapped her fingers and bang the whole thing started. Then she went and took a nice relaxing bubble bath and did her nails.

Bethjd:
I'm getting a little sick and tired of reading God is a man! Every intelligent person knows God is a woman and she created the world in less than a day!! She just snapped her fingers and bang the whole thing started. Then she went and took a nice relaxing bubble bath and did her nails.

lmao...so that explains why the world is so f'd up:wink:

j/k :D

make sense woman!

stepup:
I am a very strong christian and I do believe in evolution. I mean it has been proven to an extent. Do I believe that a bird ca turn into a diosaur no. ...

You'd be right too, because it was the dinosaurs that evolved into birds. :D

hmmm...

you know, i seem to create my own problems, but then they evolve and get much worse all on their own...

what does this mean???

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom