Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
caymaniac:
A theory you've obviously read somewhere, it is quite ridiculous actually.

A fact is that a recent poll states that 90% of Americans believe in God _ who created the world makes you and a few like you look ridiculous, and in a small minority.

A lot of Evolutionists are Christian. That's a fact.

My god - I've been away for 10 days and this thread is still lumbering on. Any defections from either camp to the other side? Did the thread get nasty at any point?

Look at the world: observe how people act and treat others - can there be any doubt that we are related to apes and monkeys?

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
Any defections from either camp to the other side?

yes... i defected ... but then i defected back

does that count? or does it count as two defections?

I've decided that gravity is only a theory and I've stopped believing in it. It's amazing how much easier it is to organize all my stuff since I can suspend it all in mid-air now.

I highly recommend coming over to my side.

Rachel

biscuit7:
I highly recommend coming over to my side.

hey, i'd love to come over to your side.. i'm on about 12 sides now ... so ... no one can acuse me of favoritism

Doesn't AIDS pretty conclusively prove evolution? The virus hopped from SIV in monkeys to HIV probably around the 1950s and then spread all over the world (and it mutates incredibly rapidly even within the host carrier). The flu pandemic of 1918 (and technically all flu pandemics) are also caused by mutation and natural selection -- in that case where I believe it hopped from swine to humans. There's an entire field of viral genetics which has considerable explanatory power of mutation and natural selection both within a host and logitudinally over time. And I'm pretty sure that when it comes to assessing the probability and likelihood of H5N1 or other possibly pandemic viruses hopping species to humans that I'm betting on Evolution to eventually come up with answers, I'm certain that Creationism doesn't predict much (other than being "useful" after-the-fact to place blame on gays and democrats for causing God to smite us).

Diver Dennis:
A lot of Evolutionists are Christian. That's a fact.

A lot of evolutionists claim to be Christian. On what do they stake that claim? That Christ was "a good guy?". If they embrace evolution, despite the OT claim (and Christ's echoing the words) that God created and it was (very) good and there was no death until sin, what other text and claims do they question in order to accomodate current thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom