Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hint2: Ocean circulation is driven by differences in density between water masses.

Fluid flow is driven by a pressure differential.

Completely false. If God made a planet with a garden in place, it stands to reason the planet in question isn't a ball of lava waiting to cool. Funny, I don't recall what the tool is for measuring a rock/fossil that was created from nothing.

Who has ever claimed anything was made from nothing :confused:

No, I don't think it's odd at all. Among other things, Killer Bees fly and are somewhat unique in that we basically engineered them. Bees also aren't ants.

Have you actually researched this? I'm sure you went through a whole scientific study to come to a conclusion like this, right? Or are you just making a wild guess based on a complete lack of understanding?
Granted the Bees fly. But the ants do swarm. Furthermore, 50 years and 65 million are huge...in case you didn't notice. So if you make an observation without an exhaustive study you now have a complete lack of understanding. ... got it. BTW, it was an observation, followed by a question to you. You don't seem to have a good answer. I've drawn preliminary conclusions like most normal people do, but would consider any rational explanation.

No. It speaks to the qualifications/skill/knowledge in science of the involved parties.

LOL, I'll give it to you that scientists are usually better scientists than non-scientists.

Is it a point worth making though? Here are our science show-down matches and my predicted outcomes...

athiest scientist vs religious non-scientist...winner, athiest scientist.
religious scientist vs athiest non-scientist...winner religous scientist
athiest scientist vs athiest non-scientist...winner ahiest scientist
religous scientist vs religious non-scientist...winner religious scientist.

Your question seems aimed at making it a religion vs no religion question which may not demonstrate clear thinking. I think religious/non-religious works looks to be a "don't care" attribute with the telling attribute being scientist/non-scientist.

A more interesting question would be how do religious scientists fare compared to non-religious scientists. Personally I don't know but Newton and Pasteur did ok.

Mike, why dont you just admit that creationists can not provide the example asked for?

Granted the Bees fly. But the ants do swarm. Furthermore, 50 years and 65 million are huge...in case you didn't notice.

So?

So if you make an observation without an exhaustive study you now have a complete lack of understanding. ...

Pretty much, some more than others.

got it. BTW, it was an observation, followed by a question to you. You don't seem to have a good answer.

Hey, you told me some Mexican ant had gone from Colorado to Tennesse. That's not a lot to go on with regards to finding a study. How about you get the species name and google it yourself. There's probably some ant-ologist out there who has studied the migration patterns of the Cheech and Chong ant. Or, if there isn't, go commission one. You are so intellectually lazy that you don't even bother to find out if there is already an answer to your question. You just assume it fits into your little world view and move on.

I've drawn preliminary conclusions like most normal people do, but would consider any rational explanation.

No, you've just made assumptions. "Preliminary conclusion" is an oxymoron. If you want to have your thoughts on science taken even remotely seriously, you need to stop making those "preliminary conclusions." They are the antithesis of everything scientific.

I attended study at:
- Waverly Christian Fellowship (now Citylife - one of the biggest churches in Australia - statement of faith About CityLife Church)
-Good News Fellowship where I was also in charge of teaching Sunday School so was required to do a course for that (not sure if this is a requirement everywhere though) EDIT: removed incorrect link though doctrine is the same as Citylife
-Dandenong Church (that was when I was very young though so wouldn't classify it as proper study).
-I was also mentored by a guy who attended Kinsley College - you can read their statement of faith here--> Kingsley College - Statement of Faith. That was more a home biblical school though.

So yea, so far I am yet to see a convincing argument that I have misinterpreted or do not know the Bible, other than that I have taken a different interpretation to your own. An example please?

Did you attend any classes awake? The stuff you spout about scripture is out of touch with main stream teachings and out of touch with reality.

Fluid flow is driven by a pressure differential.

That statement is incomplete. Fluid flow can be driven by a pressure differential. The ocean currents are driven by density differentials, caused by differences in salinity and/or water temperature.

A pressure differential does not automatically cause movement of fluid.
Take 10m high container of pure water at thermal equilibrium. The pressure on the top differs from the pressure on the bottom by 1 ATA. There wont be fluid flow.
It has to be an external pressure ON the fluid. :wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ce4jesus
Granted the Bees fly. But the ants do swarm. Furthermore, 50 years and 65 million are huge...in case you didn't notice.

So?

So it makes the spread of the empire of these ants and that of the bees, a somewhat valid comparison. So how do you account for the disparity of time between them. The Bees got to the US in less than 50 years from Brazil. The ants arrived in Tennessee sometime after 1980. To answer my own question - I suppose there are several reasons for the latency of the arrival. Maybe these ants were introduced to South America as well? However, if these ants are native to North or South America...this invasion should have occurred millions of years ago.

So it makes the spread of the empire of these ants and that of the bees, a somewhat valid comparison.

Not in the slightest

So how do you account for the disparity of time between them. The Bees got to the US in less than 50 years from Brazil. The ants arrived in Tennessee sometime after 1980. To answer my own question - I suppose there are several reasons for the latency of the arrival. Maybe these ants were introduced to South America as well? However, if these ants are native to North or South America...this invasion should have occurred millions of years ago.

I'm not an entomologist. Stop being so intellectually lazy and go find the answer out yourself, or commission a study to find the answer. Don't just make wild conclusions that fit your illogical assumptions. Chances are, someone already knows the behavioral and migration patterns of the ants you speak of. Why do you assume that they "should" have migrated? Unless there is SELECTIVE PRESSURE, they would have had NO REASON to move. Are they a migratory species by nature? Many (most?) species stay pretty much where they are and only move if there is a reason to do so.

Africanized bees are a completely different animal. They have odd behavior patterns as a result of some weird interbreeding that humans did, so your premise is flawed from the start. Just because one species has made a rapid migration has NO IMPACT on a completely different species' migration patterns. Why do you make such ridiculous corollaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom