Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and a hypothesis, or an experiment, proven incorrect by science, shouldn't be taught as "fact" inside the classroom either.

Once again please share where this teaching of non factual information is going on. Can you cite a school and/or a text?

What evolution does explain is how after abiogenesis, life in all its forms progressed and how it did not require a 'Creator' to make the multitude of different life forms around you that you see today. Of course, if there is a God he could have cleverly made the entire world appear like it is 4.5 billion years old, plant all the fossils and transitional fossils, and continue to fiddle with species to fool scientists viewing evolution in progress today. But firstly, this would never be testable so is outside the scope of science, and also, this would be a pretty deceptive thing for a God to do. Dunno if I'd want to worship a God with such a deceptive nature...

So if God created the world much as you see it, not in infancy, but mature...much the same way he created Adam and Eve, He is deceptive? An atheist looks his/her entire life at fossils to prove that God doesn't exist and is upset because God fooled him. That's funny. 1 Corinthians 1:27
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

So if God created the world much as you see it, not in infancy, but mature...much the same way he created Adam and Eve, He is deceptive? An atheist looks his/her entire life at fossils to prove that God doesn't exist and is upset because God fooled him. That's funny.

Really? You can't grasp this simple concept? IF God created the Earth 6000 years ago, why did he create it to appear 4.5 billions years old from every angle? The only option is that we are dealing with a deceptive being.

Hey Gary (ce4jesus - is that like "C E for Jesus?" If so, what's the CE for?)

Get over the classroom thing. Yes, it sucks. Could you please provide citations and schools where these things that are "incorrect" are taught in the classroom? I mean, I know a lot of schools just have really old textbooks and also that a lot of textbooks suck. We can't solve every problem at once.

Please, get over yourself. You are sounding more and more desperate and grasping at thin air trying to defend your defenseless position. Evolution happened, humans and apes had a common ancestor. I'm not sure why that threatens you so. If you weren't such a biblical literalist, you would understand that this doesn't have any bearing on Christian faith at all. You are welcome to have your god in there directing things (even though the evidence doesn't require such a deity), but you just look like a fool screaming "BAD SCIENCE, BAD SCIENCE" when your understanding of science is demonstrably so poor.

So its bad science to point out holes in some the theories being spoken about on here? Also, it would seem that everyone opposed to teaching intelligent design in the classroom because it can't be tested, has no problem teaching concepts that have been proven outdated or false. I have a problem reconciling the convergence of those positions.

BTW...CE is customer engineer. First Job I received when I graduated from College.

Really? You can't grasp this simple concept? IF God created the Earth 6000 years ago, why did he create it to appear 4.5 billions years old from every angle? The only option is that we are dealing with a deceptive being.
I think you're missing the point. If God created the world with the roadmap on how to live and build a relationship with Him, you fault him because you find evidence his world looks older than you thought? How old does petrified wood from the 1978 eruption of Mt. St. Helens date using radiometric dating? Millions of years old. Why?
I've heard one theory put forward that states the creation account in Genesis is modern man. If God exists outside of time and "a day is to a 1000 years as a 1000 years is to a day" then no one has to subscribe to a literal 6 days in the Genesis Creation account.
Regardless, some of you buy into every syllable published in a scientfic rag long before it ahs been tested as fact. Only later do you find out what you learned wasn't what you thought. Was science trying to fool you? Was the author being dishonest? Likewise, the notion God is trying to fool you is laughable.

then no one has to subscribe to a literal 6 days in the Genesis Creation account.
Then we don't have to take anything the bible says literally?

Hey Jeff! Must be bored? This is moderately entertaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom