Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, except maybe a better understanding of the power of religious brainwashing.
Scary indeed.

LOL and there isn't any secular brain washing going on, is there?

No. I don't care if Christians believe in God and don't want to sleep with someone of the same sex, learn about creationism or not have an abortion or not work on the Sabbath. I care when they (or any other religion) try to enforce their views on the rest of the population by banning gay marriage, abortion, advocating creationism be taught in the classroom and so on. Those things require a belief in God in my opinion so Christians asking for their rules to be applied to the rest of the population is very unfair. Why can't you grasp the difference Mike?

Mike, please ... that's not even reasonable. This pretense of the religionists of trying to make believe that atheists and other secularists are just some other religion is not worthy of further comment. The courts rejected that BS as moldy bait back during both the Kansas and Delaware cases. Accept the courts' rulings and move on.

No. I don't care if Christians believe in God and don't want to sleep with someone of the same sex, learn about creationism or not have an abortion or not work on the Sabbath. I care when they (or any other religion) try to enforce their views on the rest of the population by banning gay marriage, abortion, advocating creationism be taught in the classroom and so on. Those things require a belief in God in my opinion so Christians asking for their rules to be applied to the rest of the population is very unfair. Why can't you grasp the difference Mike?

Didn't you read my earlier post concerning what's currently going on in our government schools? Who is forcing what on whom?

Who banned gay marriage? I've read that such a thing existed in ancient Rome but they aren't here to tell us how it all worked out.

In the interest of understanding, maybe you could tell me why you think I should vote in favor of it?

In the interest of understanding, maybe you could tell me why you think I should vote in favor of it?

So other people get to live the life they want to lead, without having to submit to another person's religious beliefs. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine if you were forced to follow the tenants of Islam or Wicca, would you like it much?

I believe you hit the nail on the head. I reckon I'd be happy if Mike jumped in my foxhole under heavy fire.

What did I ever do to you? How about a BBQ or a dive instead?:D

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends."

Yesterday (or the day before) was the news report of US soldier Ross McGinnis who was awarded the Medal of Honor because he threw himself on a grenade to save his buddies. Well heck, who knows if those guys were even his buddies but he did it anyway. God bless him.

Mike, please ... that's not even reasonable. This pretense of the religionists of trying to make believe that atheists and other secularists are just some other religion is not worthy of further comment. The courts rejected that BS as moldy bait back during both the Kansas and Delaware cases. Accept the courts' rulings and move on.

Sorry, which cases are you refering to?

So other people get to live the life they want to lead, without having to submit to another person's religious beliefs. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine if you were forced to follow the tenants of Islam or Wicca, would you like it much?

The law of most states in the US currently reserve marriage for a man and women. That's hardly forcing anyone to follow the tenants of any religion.

To answer your question, I don't even like being forced to wear a seat belt. I don't think you answerd my question though.

I don't think you answerd my question though.

Neither did you. So we're even now. :14:

Excuse me? How am I brainwashed? True scientists look at the world honestly, they do experiments to test their ideas, if the experiment disagrees with theory, then, after making sure the experiment was done right, the theory is either modified or discarded.

Creationists are brainwashed because they simply IGNORE any evidence that contradicts their pre-determined 'conclusions'. That is why 'creation science' is an oxymoron. Creationists are not able to honestly look at reality, they are completely blinded to reality by their beliefs. I pity the children that have devoutly religious parents, their brainwashing starts at a very young age and it is next to impossible to fix the damage later.:shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom