Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That the flood causing some species to become extinct doesn't make sense if you look at the literal interpretation of the Bible which says Noah loaded up with all the critters on the earth.

It's kind of a peeve I have that it's all good to take some of the Bible at the written word then disregard other parts. Either you believe the whole thing as written or it's open to interpretation.

R

evolution! evolution! and evolution!!!
maybe i'm a bit biased being an atheist :D

Fairy tales. If there was any reality to any of it, then tell me how they got two (or more) of every animal on earth onto a boat. The biomass of insects alone would likely sink an aircraft carrier.

Mikhail Frenkel:
evolution! evolution! and evolution!!!
maybe i'm a bit biased being an atheist :D
yes you are, but honest

Thalassamania:
Fairy tales. If there was any reality to any of it, then tell me how they got two (or more) of every animal on earth onto a boat. The biomass of insects alone would likely sink an aircraft carrier.
some people don't believe we landed on the moon either

Thalassamania:
Knowledge of evolution, or a lack of belief in the Judeo/Christian mythos, no more makes one "unaccountable" than, as you observe, the opposite makes one behave well. For me, balance in the world, and a sense of "karma," makes the social control aspects of my spirituality real and immediate, rather than some abstraction of an afterlife which may or may not exist.
From Wikipedia,
Look up mythos in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.The term Greek mythos means "story, legend" (whence English myth). See also mythology. In archaizing English sometimes used synonymously with "myth" or "mythology"

Mythos is a term used for a collection of myths (in the scholarly sense). Some authors of fiction influenced by mythology have used the term to cover a collection of similar background elements in their writing.

Personally I am a bit of a fence sitter. I truly believe in evolution as a fact, you can see it happen before your eyes as Dr Bill has pointed out.

OTOH this thread has changed from whether creation occurred to whether god exists, existed, is dead. etc etc.

I reckon I will find out soon enough whether he has been watching my every move or whether he is just an imaginary friend for grown ups.

I just hope I dont find out too soon and I hope that I appreciate creation whether evolution created it or some supreme being did.

Mark Buddy, long time.... what's up?

SeaYoda:
The dinos are special in the fact that from the point of science they lived long before the <10,000 year true age of the Earth. The dating of rocks dictates that either they were put there by God to make a complete functioning universe or the dating is false or the dating is "apparent age" with new fossils in old looking rocks. If Behemoth and Leviathan were dinos, they were alive at the time of man - something unthinkable to many scientists. I believe many things went extinct and became fossils in the flood. I also believe that the flood would alter the "steady state" we base a lot of our scientific "facts" on.

This is why arguing with creationists is so frustrating. They refute facts with "oh, God just did it that way". I have a piece of evidence that dates 10,000,000 years old. Oh, God just used his powers to artificially age it. Physics and logic don't apply because God can just supersede them and I can use that to nullify any argument you can make. Have fun trying to convince me otherwise.

On a side note, anyone know if something can become a fossil in 7,000 years outside of an all powerful, all knowing entity making it so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom