Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dlndavid:
You are surprised? :blinking:

No I admire those who have been patient enough with the board crashing and managed to get in these posts. :wink:

But no minds will be changed and nothing will be learned.

thomjinx:
Is it a just a coincidence that the Creationists in this thread make the most spelling and grammatical errors? Or were they designed that way?

My apologies if English is not your native tongue.

Ouch...

Notwithstanding, wowever, creationists are definitely the most "CREATIVE" (pun intended) in interpreting certain words...

Disclaimer: I believe in creation, but also in evolution. One does not preclude the other.

thomjinx:
Is it a just a coincidence that the Creationists in this thread make the most spelling and grammatical errors? Or were they designed that way?

My apologies if English is not your native tongue.

OUCH!

Why do I even bother with these kind of threads..

I use to call myself an atheist, but in discussions with people and in my own thoughts I realized since I was born in 1976 I really don't know what the correct answer is. I feel the truly ignorant people are the ones who say it is this way and no other way. I am way biased in favor of evolution and I do not believe anything or anyone just created the entire universe. How absurd and comical is it very 'intelligent' human beings to actually rationalize in their head that this is possible and that it is reality?
The reality is creation/religion all are human created concepts that help humans deal with life and its events. It can be turned and twisted to just about any situation. Someone dies, god said it was his time and took them. Someone survives a disease after given 1 week to live, god wanted that person to live so healed them. It offers an explanation for life and it's many unanswerables.
I often pose the question, who created god? The answer I get normally is, nobody created god he just is. See to say that something created god would not make god the almighty anymore, so they cant say that. Now in my experience in shortly 30 yrs on earth, nothing just creates itself. A lot of crap happens that we can't explain, and yes there may be others in this universe, but a supreme being that created all of this....highly doubtful.

Yet, I am not an atheist, I could be wrong. I'll take my chances and live life with a realistic outlook.

J

Interpretation is very subjective. For instance a few misguided individuals have misinterpreted the Bible and the Koran leading to the deaths of many innocent people, from the crusades to the terrorism we see today. Basically you can take passages and apply your own idealism to them for justification.

jepuskar:
I often pose the question, who created god? The answer I get normally is, nobody created god he just is.

Ever wonder why an intelligent creator waited so long (an infinity) to create?

I believe in evolution. I won't discount the possibility that there may be a "creator" behind it. But science gives proof to evolution. If someone or something started it or guided it, that's beyond me.

awap:
Ever wonder why an intelligent creator waited so long (an infinity) to create?

We used to have endless conversations in college about this stuff, both sober and impaired. Impaired was more fun. :wink:

Now that is a different side of you I would enjoy seeing Red.

I'll vote for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom