crazy regulator question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2O Gal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a strange question about regulators....are there any regulators on the market that the hose connects to the second stage on the left side rather than the right?
Thanks!

Just guessing,you want to move your octo to the other side.?
Any side exhaust reg. will do this.
i.e. Poseidons or Oceanic Omega II.

hope it helps

Why would one need to do this?

When it comes to air consumption, my husband is a Hummer and I am a Prius. So often as his air gets around 1000psi we share air, since it's really frustrating to pay extra for Nitrox and get back on the boat with over 2000 psi left. Since we swim side-by-side, the octo hose is either wrapped around his head or mine, depending on which side I swim. I bought a 4 foot Miflex octo hose, but it still is awkward, but if we had an octo that had the hose coming off the left side it would work better. I guess an easier solution would be to buy yet a longer hose....

I have a strange question about regulators....are there any regulators on the market that the hose connects to the second stage on the left side rather than the right?
Thanks!

Just curious ...........why? There wil likely be some interference with the operation of your deflator.

Most Apeks regs (certainly the XTX40-200 series) can be swapped right for left by your Apeks dealer/tec.

When it comes to air consumption, my husband is a Hummer and I am a Prius. So often as his air gets around 1000psi we share air, since it's really frustrating to pay extra for Nitrox and get back on the boat with over 2000 psi left. Since we swim side-by-side, the octo hose is either wrapped around his head or mine, depending on which side I swim. I bought a 4 foot Miflex octo hose, but it still is awkward, but if we had an octo that had the hose coming off the left side it would work better. I guess an easier solution would be to buy yet a longer hose....

Really bad idea for the above reason .....look on this site for "long hose' use and perhaps a little better gas planning, maybe larger tank for hubby.

Wouldn't it be safer to just either get him a larger tank (or 2) or you a smaller one?

Wow you guys type fast! As I was laboriously typing my explanation two people posted...see above for the answer!

Wouldn't it be safer to just either get him a larger tank (or 2) or you a smaller one?

That would be an answer, but when we are diving we are at the mercy of what tanks the boats provide us....ya know, my hubby's air consumption used to be decent, but when he started doing U/W photography he started being an air hog. Have any of y'all noticed that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom